Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Point & Shoot Photo Contest #2

Welcome to the PentaxForums POINT & SHOOT PHOTO CONTEST #2

We did mange to hold the first one eeven though there were few entries, hoping for some more this time. I will let this run for 2 weeks this time. Lets see how it goes. Any topic is fine, the main rule is that it must be a p&s and the picture cant be older than 3 months.

Rules

1. Any non slr camera can be used. ANY BRAND. Film or digital.
2. Picture can't be more than 3 months old.
3. Entries will end Saturday February 9. 2008.
4. The maximum allowed photo dimensions are 800x800 pixles
5. List camera brand, model, and your forum name with entry for all to see.
6. Any subject matter. Please keep it decent.
7. Will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.
8. Maximum of 2 photos per photographer.
9. The winner of the contest will host and judge the next one

Last edited by and; 01-29-2008 at 06:10 PM.
01-27-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Only 17 views in this therad so far Guess it hasnt helped much to put it in my signature... We need entires
01-29-2008, 10:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by and Quote
Only 17 views in this therad so far Guess it hasnt helped much to put it in my signature... We need entires
I got here through your signature!

Problem is, I hardly use my P&S since I got the K10D 5 months ago. If you'd said "photos taken in the last year", then that would be a different story

But just for you, I will take a look and see if I shot anything interesting since November.
01-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote

Problem is, I hardly use my P&S since I got the K10D 5 months ago. If you'd said "photos taken in the last year", then that would be a different story
Similar story here. I have a Pentax P&S that I carry "everywhere". It is small enough that it can go with me when I can't take my dSLR. But, I rarely use it. It is for "emergency" use. For those times when you just have to have a camera handy, but don't have your good one with you.

If you opened up the time frame, then I might be able to have something to enter.

01-29-2008, 01:37 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will enter something! Don't have a Pentax P&S at the moment - unfortunately. Maybe by next time.
For those who don't shoot their P&S much this is a good reason to get it out and shoot something. It doesn't take that long. Part of this contest is to motivate everyone to shoot more.
thanks
barondla
01-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
Forum Member

i have a couple p&s shots to submit, but cant find the rules for sizing and posting and the like for contests.
01-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Hi,
The reason we put the 3 months timeframe was to ensure it was something recent, that is the only limitation in this contest, the picture can be of anything, as long as its not old. Im sure many of us have a large archive of pre-dSLR shots but I dont think its that interesting to see who took the best shots a couple of years ago. Part of the interesting thing was to see what if you went back to your p&s now, would you be able to get better pictures out of it? As you say, many have got a backup p&s so chances are it has taken one pic in the last 3 months. if not then just get it out and shoot something in your house

QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
Similar story here. I have a Pentax P&S that I carry "everywhere". It is small enough that it can go with me when I can't take my dSLR. But, I rarely use it. It is for "emergency" use. For those times when you just have to have a camera handy, but don't have your good one with you.

If you opened up the time frame, then I might be able to have something to enter.
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
I got here through your signature!

But just for you, I will take a look and see if I shot anything interesting since November.

01-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #8
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
great!
I have updated the rules with the sizing restriction from the monthly contest, basically not larger than 800x800. thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by elnero Quote
i have a couple p&s shots to submit, but cant find the rules for sizing and posting and the like for contests.
01-29-2008, 10:54 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I'll take it out sometime and see what I can come up with.
01-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Subject may help

I think if there were a subject or theme it might help. Leaving it wide open like that almost gives people to much of a choice...

You could still make a theme and have plenty of choices like animals, or landscapes, or people. That would atleast give a little direction.

My mom has a P&S so maybe I will have to borrow hers and see what I can... My bf does as well. I do like the rule that they don't have to be Pentax that makes it easier as well..

I will see what I can come up with...

Kim
01-30-2008, 08:54 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote
I think if there were a subject or theme it might help. Leaving it wide open like that almost gives people to much of a choice...

You could still make a theme and have plenty of choices like animals, or landscapes, or people. That would atleast give a little direction.

My mom has a P&S so maybe I will have to borrow hers and see what I can... My bf does as well. I do like the rule that they don't have to be Pentax that makes it easier as well..

Kim
I think it NEEDS to be open ended for the theme of the contest. The whole point is that most of us carry our p&s with us everywhere for that shot we'd miss otherwise. It is a good thing to leave the subject open ended.
01-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Allow me to go first.
Taken today (fast, eh?) January 30, 2008. Pentax Optio S PP in Lightroom.

name: ftpaddict
Picture entitled YOU

Should be easy to beat.
01-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Taken with my Olympus C-750 Ultra Zoom by the wife.

01-31-2008, 06:22 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Heres one taken with Olympus Stylus 710 in an eating establishment. Iso 64 at f3.4 slow shutter speed! Wish I had a Pentax P&S.
thanks
barondla
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
U710,S710  Photo 
01-31-2008, 09:22 AM   #15
and
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Maybe, but the number of entries have been so few so the idea was as long as you actually have a recent p&s shot, you can enter. If the number of entries went up, then a theme could be added though.

QuoteOriginally posted by mtnbearhug Quote

Kim