Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #1

WG 1 mini sd card max

I have looked everywhere I can think of in the manual to find out what the maximum GB that I can use for the mini SD card. Can't find it. So I went ahead and bought a 4 gig card and now it will not format. Can you give me some direction in this? Thanks

07-20-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drhugh Quote
I have looked everywhere I can think of in the manual to find out what the maximum GB that I can use for the mini SD card. Can't find it. So I went ahead and bought a 4 gig card and now it will not format. Can you give me some direction in this? Thanks
Doesn't it take a regular DSHC card, that's what is shown in the manual? Mini cards come in a regular card size adapter, but I don't know if you can format in that adapter or just read. I would try a regular size SD. I don't have the camera but I searched the manual and found no capacity.
07-25-2012, 07:53 AM   #3

It's not a mini, it's a standard size SD card. It takes SD or SDHC; I don't think it takes SDXC. I use a 16GB SDHC card in mine; I think the SDHC spec allows for up to 32GB.
07-25-2012, 07:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I have the wg-1 gps and when I used it for the one time I did it was with a sandisk extreme 16gb, worked flawlessly...

EDIT: a side note, a mini sd card with an sd card adapter works just fine too in it... formated and everything... you might have a faulty camera...