Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-16-2012, 01:51 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Spare Battery For a WG-2

I wanted to pick up some spare batteries for a WG-2.
Any recommendations/comments on any of the after market batteries?

08-16-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Generally, they are all worse than the OEM battery, but they are much cheaper, so you can probably get two for the price of one Pentax battery to make up for it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-16-2012, 05:40 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks Adam. Actually I see the batteries on ebay for as little as $5 with shipping while the OEM are $33+ and $40 at B&H, Adorama, etc.
I did notice that the specs vary. The OEM is rated 925mah while these aftermarkets are 1000 to 1400mah. I wouldn't know which might be better but I do know that the lower mah eneloops that I use in my Kx are better (imo) than the other brands, whose rechargeables are higher rated for mah.
08-16-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I got my self an after market charger with batery. I need a charger that can charge from a car plug. The battery is rated 1000mAh but I'm pretty sure that it's weaker than original but still above 750mAh. The battery arrived charged to 3.8V which is good voltage for storing Li-Ion batteries. The charger charged it to 4.18V which is very close to recommended 4.2V.
Haven't yet to test how long it lasts.

08-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #5

I needed a spare battery for a long trip, my local shop sold me an afermarket Proflash batttery that they probably marked up 500% as I paid something around the full Canadian retail price for a genuine Pentax battery.

It ended up going into the camera first and it lasted 7 days and around 400 shots before it died. Since the original battery is rated for under 300 shots (I haven't actually used mine that much) it seems like a decent unit. Charges just fine in the standard charger.