Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2012, 05:14 PM   #76

Congrats winners!

Thanks for the in depth critiques Anton.

10-01-2012, 09:14 PM   #77
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great job by everyone folks! I think we can all agree that this contest was a lot of fun! Many thanks to Anton for picking such an interesting topic for the subject matter.
New subject to be posted shortly!
10-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Congrats everyone!
10-02-2012, 01:30 AM - 1 Like   #79
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Anton, Thanks for your effort in putting this contest on, there were some fine entries and I enjoyed giving it a try.
Congratulations to all the winners and entrants.
When's the next one?
Ron
Hi Ron
Thanks for your kind comments. This was the 58th monthly "Point & Shoot" contest specially for compact cameras with non-interchangeable lenses and small sensors (although there are a few teensy exceptions) and they are primarily designed to be fun for the participants - but they are also an exercise in seeing how we can each best use our cameras. The nicest part is that we are a friendly bunch too!

It is up to the winner of each contest to set the subject/topic for the next contest, set the rules, decide the closing date and to pick the next winners.
Usually each contest is posted a few days into the new month and the closing date is the last day of the month. Just keep looking on the compact camera page of this forum for the new contest, although the winner should also post on this thread.

Also on this forum page there is a Post Processing Contest where entrants are asked to fix or improve a digital photo using any photo editing software on any personal computer. If you find that interesting you might like to look at that contest as well. Its also a fun contest with a learning element to it.

The most important thing, always, with these contests is to have some fun with your photography and I truly hope to see more of your images entered every month.

Best regards
Tony

10-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations to all the participants and the winners.
Especially Mike of course!

Thanks to Anton for a great contest and such an in-depth judging report.
10-02-2012, 12:18 PM   #81
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I truly appreciate all the kind comments about this contest but I was completely blown away by the quality of the entries. You have proved that the quality of the photograph comes not from the camera but from the person behind it. You have no idea how difficult it was to pick certain entries over others, because there were so many great entries. It was a most humbling experience for which I thank you all.
10-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Anton Magus Quote
I truly appreciate all the kind comments about this contest but I was completely blown away by the quality of the entries. You have proved that the quality of the photograph comes not from the camera but from the person behind it. You have no idea how difficult it was to pick certain entries over others, because there were so many great entries. It was a most humbling experience for which I thank you all.
Thanks, and congrats to everyone Amazing the quality that can come out of even cheap little cameras nowadays, but it truly is (and always has been) the wetware behind the hardware that makes great photos...

Jim