Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

NOBODY ever posted here?

Can't believe that nobody posted anything here, so I'll just start it.
Thinking of buying a GRD IV----has anyone own this?
Just think for $450 is kind overpriced. so I need some push from here.
Any links, thoughts, personal samples is welcome.
Best,
bing

09-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Adam just created this forum like a week or two ago. The Ricoh thread from the off topic forum should be moved here.
09-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Adam just created this forum like a week or two ago. The Ricoh thread from the off topic forum should be moved here.
Oh thanks for the explanation.
09-28-2012, 08:32 AM   #4
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I don't own the GRD IV, but I've been using the original GRD since it was released. It's a great camera with a lot of advanced features that justify the price in my opinion. What especially puts it above other compacts is the quality of the lens, degree of customisation and the design of the body. The latest version has the best LCD I've ever seen on a camera.

Here is a thread about the GRD:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/184034...come-down.html

There is an official Japanese official blog about it, which has some good shots in the gallery. You may not be able to read it. but just click around and you'll see some good examples of what it's capable of.
???????? GR BLOG | Ricoh Japan

09-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I don't own the GRD IV, but I've been using the original GRD since it was released. It's a great camera with a lot of advanced features that justify the price in my opinion. What especially puts it above other compacts is the quality of the lens, degree of customisation and the design of the body. The latest version has the best LCD I've ever seen on a camera.

Here is a thread about the GRD:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/non-pentax-cameras-canon-nikon-etc/184034...come-down.html

There is an official Japanese official blog about it, which has some good shots in the gallery. You may not be able to read it. but just click around and you'll see some good examples of what it's capable of.
???????? GR BLOG | Ricoh Japan
Thanks man!!
10-01-2012, 11:59 PM   #6

Grd iii

I've been using a GRD III as my "pocketable" camera for the last couple of years and highly recommend it as a tough and well made camera with a load of features. I had to think the fixed length lens over a few times but I've never really missed zoom for the style of photography I use it for. I love that you can set up an image mode yourself on the user function buttons so its quick to grab a shot with a different style. I have the fn1 button setup to take B&W with square format.