Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #1

battery depleted

So here is my problem. I have an Optio s55 digital camera . So when I turn on my camera with recharged batteries it shows me the error "battery depleted". I tried with 2 or 3 more new battery sets but no luck. I googled for this problem and I got some results - only NIMH battery sets; cleaning the connectors; reset the firmware.
smae problem. hw can i fix it or tell me a ur place in my country to fix this problem( im from sri lanka). thank you.

11-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
It would be uneconomical to have a 7 year old compact camera repaired, it is a disposable item. If the basic steps didn't solve the problem, your only option is a new camera.
11-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
It would be uneconomical to have a 7 year old compact camera repaired, it is a disposable item. If the basic steps didn't solve the problem, your only option is a new camera.
Sadly, I agree. If you have tried new batteries, cleaning the contacts, re-setting the camera then I think you have done all the end user can do. It could be sent for repair but the cost of repair is almost certain to be close or even more than the cost of a new camera.

I think you will be amazed at the improvements in 7 years but it is time for a new one. Or a used one that is only a year or so old would still be a huge upgrade and not so expensive. You might check the marketplace on this site, most things there are for dslrs but occasionally a point & shoot camera comes up. Other than that ebay is your friend.