Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2007, 06:48 AM   #1

Optio 33 LF wont switch on??

I have unplugged my camera from the computer without disconnecting it first. Now it wont switch on. What can I do?

01-04-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bsmith Quote
I have unplugged my camera from the computer without disconnecting it first.
Not quit sure what you mean by this. Do you mean you disconnected it from the computer USB cable before you turned the camera power off?

Did you have it plugged into the wall for power to run it without the battery and you disconnected from the computer USB cable?

Electronics are sensitive and I was having a problem with my cat walking by my computer and causing it to reboot. I did some serious grounding of the computer casing and have no more problems. You may have introduced a voltage spike to the camera when you did the disconnect, either from static electricity or from the USB connection, as it is a power source too.

Remove you battery, recharge it as normal, reinsert battery and try a different memory card than the one that was in there too. Don't know if you camera will not turn on if the memory card is not in the slot but if so it may also not respond if the memory card is fried to the point of not being recognizable. If this doesn't work, take the camera to the dealer and get their input or replacement.

Good luck.
01-04-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

could be just dead batteries..