Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

What happened to my video???! :(

I really, really wanted some video from a memorial service I just attended. I just got a little Optio RS1500, which I used. I was so disappointed to find out that on most (but not all!?) of the video clips, it didn't record the audio. Instead there is a high-pitched, tinny ringing sort of noise all through it -- nothing else. The video part is ok. In a few of the video clips, the audio came through fine. But 3/4 did not work. Some were shot inside, some outside. No common factor.
The 'movie' setting is for 640/30, which according to the manual, is sufficient for tv screens; I didn't need bigger HD files. While I was back & forth between still & video modes, I don't think I changed any other settings.
Anyone have an idea what the ?!*!@#!! happened? I'm so disappointed.

12-04-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like feedback of some kind. Bit of a long shot but did you have a finger blocking the Mic?
12-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Chaos_Realm Quote
Sounds like feedback of some kind. Bit of a long shot but did you have a finger blocking the Mic?
No... was holding it with the other hand on the other side of the camera