Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax IQ Zoom 120Mi: Exposure issue?

Hi,

I recently acquired Pentax IQZoom 120mi in mint condition and it seems to be a fun little camera to play with and to get my kids into film. It came with a roll of Kodak Gold GC400. I have no idea how old it may be. So I used that roll to test it and I'm a bit confused now. The roll came out what I consider consistently underexposed. The images in the negs are quite faint. My scanner was able to get them out, but at the price of heavy noise. Not grain, but noise.
Here are a few samples:

Now my question is, Can film loose sensitivity? The thing is I'm not sure if it's a film or a camera issue. A fresh roll can definitely help isolate the problem but I'm asking before wasting another roll..... Maybe the DX coding did not work properly... Since I took the roll to my usual local processing center, I'm assuming it was properly developed.

Thanks,
Ismael

12-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm no expert but this looks like old film to me.
12-24-2012, 03:07 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Hi,

I recently acquired Pentax IQZoom 120mi in mint condition and it seems to be a fun little camera to play with and to get my kids into film. It came with a roll of Kodak Gold GC400. I have no idea how old it may be. So I used that roll to test it and I'm a bit confused now. The roll came out what I consider consistently underexposed. The images in the negs are quite faint. My scanner was able to get them out, but at the price of heavy noise. Not grain, but noise.
Here are a few samples:

Now my question is, Can film loose sensitivity? The thing is I'm not sure if it's a film or a camera issue. A fresh roll can definitely help isolate the problem but I'm asking before wasting another roll..... Maybe the DX coding did not work properly... Since I took the roll to my usual local processing center, I'm assuming it was properly developed.

Thanks,
Ismael
I have a 120SW (28-120 lens) and it tends to underexpose as well.