Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JFN Quote
Who said something about RX-100 ?

Fujifilm x20 may not have an articulated screen, but it has a really nice optical viewfinder... and for more or less all the rest of the mirrorless, Olympus XZ-2, Lumix LX7 et al, there's an accessory shoe to fit an EVF etc.

Go figure.
I'm using X10, never used its OVF. Tried LX7 and XZ2, I think IQ wise MX1 is better, at least from my experience.

The only thing I wish to improve is the wide end. If only it got a 24mm lens on the wide end.

01-14-2013, 06:50 AM   #47
JFN
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I'm using X10, never used its OVF. Tried LX7 and XZ2, I think IQ wise MX1 is better, at least from my experience.

The only thing I wish to improve is the wide end. If only it got a 24mm lens on the wide end.
X10 never impressed on me, but X20 does.

How do you define "IQ is better"... ?

LX7 has 24mm on the wide end... it's quite impressive optic wise, it sure made me long for more serious glass on my pentax film bodies, so first thing I did after getting my LX7, was to add a voigtlander 40mm f2 to my SLR arsenal.. HEHE!
01-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JFN Quote
X10 never impressed on me, but X20 does.

How do you define "IQ is better"... ?

LX7 has 24mm on the wide end... it's quite impressive optic wise, it sure made me long for more serious glass on my pentax film bodies, so first thing I did after getting my LX7, was to add a voigtlander 40mm f2 to my SLR arsenal.. HEHE!

I just look at the photos taken w the camera to know how good or bad the results are. I love the 24mm end on the LX7 too, that's why I was interested in it in the first place. But after looking at the testing photos I took myself, I knew I won't be happy w it. So it's a no no for me.

As to X10, it's the only p&s camera that I can shoot comfortably in JPG and still am happy w the results. I don't really want to deal with RAW files for such a small camera.

Just my opinion and experience.

Had the voigtlander 40mm f2 too, both the earlier and the later version in PKA mount. A very good lens, but I still prefer FA43.
01-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #49
JFN
Veteran Member

There's quite a deal of customizing the jpg-processor in the LX7, I didn't find anything I liked with the factory settings either, but after some tweaking and testing, I now have a b&w preset that gives me an output that often fools people I know who's been shooting film for ages... So it's not only me feeling what comes out is great..

The x-series image processor is great as well, I bought an XF-1 for the missus some month ago, and it's an amazing little gem too (if you don't mind the limitations with no accessory shoe etc. but liking the mx-1 you probably don't care anyway...), though me I prefer f/1.4 (LX7).