Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice,

Will probably pick one up after a couple of those "Pentax" price drops. ;]

01-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Great series of photos! It s great to see real world photos from the camera from a very good photographer.
Dave
01-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle_Friends Quote
Very nice,

Will probably pick one up after a couple of those "Pentax" price drops. ;]
Same here
01-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shots - looks like an impressive little camera. Thanks for posting.

01-15-2013, 01:19 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Off to a good start with the pics.

Something Ihaven't seen addressed just yet... I'm guessing that the camera has some sort of front filter and can also accept a polarizer.
Awaiting the answer to this question as well....

But it does look promising. Like i said in the other, massive thread, i do think it is priced a little too high based on its competition, however, even at its current price, I may bite the bullet and snatch one up
01-17-2013, 08:46 AM   #21

Very nice and sharp. I see the rendition bears some resemblance to the Q. Oh, there goes my Q..
01-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #22

Photos: Gallery
Sorry lost interest already. Tiny sensor, no viewfinder option and high price. Not the "Digital MX" most of us were hoping for.
You'd think they would have learned from the Q, that this was a poor combination. The picture quality looks pretty good, but then it is just as good from some rival cameras costing $200+ less.
That price puts it in direct competition with the Sony RX100. That's a very tough place to be!

01-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys for your kind comments It's a very nice and versatile camera which is capable of some good quality photos.

QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
Off to a good start with the pics.

Something Ihaven't seen addressed just yet... I'm guessing that the camera has some sort of front filter and can also accept a polarizer.
Sorry for late reply. And I'm sorry to tell you that there is no front thread for any filter as is. The only way to put a filter on is from some add-on solution like those for some other p&s cameras.
01-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Thanks guys for your kind comments It's a very nice and versatile camera which is capable of some good quality photos.

Sorry for late reply. And I'm sorry to tell you that there is no front thread for any filter as is. The only way to put a filter on is from some add-on solution like those for some other p&s cameras.
That's disappointing for a camera without a built-in ND filter
01-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #25
Pentaxian

I'm impressed. The black swan is a difficult subject for correct exposure and it looks like it's managed very well. Actually, looks like the dynamic range may be very good. All the shots look like they could have been taken with a dslr, actually - if you said, that they were, I would believe it.

Say hello to Singapore to me - I love the gardens and parks there...
Cal
01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by calsan Quote
I'm impressed. The black swan is a difficult subject for correct exposure and it looks like it's managed very well. Actually, looks like the dynamic range may be very good. All the shots look like they could have been taken with a dslr, actually - if you said, that they were, I would believe it.

Say hello to Singapore to me - I love the gardens and parks there...
Cal
Thanks Cal Singapore is a very beautiful place indeed. I think my kids are spoiled by the gardens and parks already. They don't know what it's like out side of this tiny island - another excuse to bring them out for travel
01-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #27
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The colors on my screen all look slightly on the dull side. With the exception of the green in the first photo, most colors do not look vibrant or very saturated.
02-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #28

Great shots, thanks for posting them!
I like this camera very much!
02-17-2013, 06:17 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for these results . . . and for sharing the images of your beautiful family! Makes me wish I could visit Singapore again.
03-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Thanks Cal Singapore is a very beautiful place indeed. I think my kids are spoiled by the gardens and parks already. They don't know what it's like out side of this tiny island - another excuse to bring them out for travel
The only camera that has filter thread is P7700.