Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-12-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Ricoh collectors page

Does anyone know what the site was of the collector that basically collected every ricoh film era camera and listed them and all the add ons that were made for them???? I can not remember for the life of me.

02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, I think I found that site last year but I forgot to bookmark it and can't find it now. It was like a spreadsheet with yellow background.
Here is Butkus similar one, and it is only for K mount though.
Other brands with K-mount
02-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
Yes, I think I found that site last year but I forgot to bookmark it and can't find it now. It was like a spreadsheet with yellow background.
Here is Butkus similar one, and it is only for K mount though.
Other brands with K-mount
Same here. It was broken down by everything from the first ones to the last, all lens mounts and then flashes and motor drives etc.... Ill keep looking. Its the only place i could find the part numbers etc for rare things such as the color filter kit and diffuser for the XR-400 flash set up.
02-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm afraid that link is broken - but here's the Camerapedia Ricoh Links Page if you haven't yet found that.

02-13-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'm afraid that link is broken - but here's the Camerapedia Ricoh Links Page if you haven't yet found that.
least I know im not loosing it....yet.
This page so far is the most informative for those who may be interested.

The Unofficial Guide to Ricoh Cameras and Rikenon Lenses
02-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by apathey2131978 Quote
least I know im not loosing it....yet.
This page so far is the most informative for those who may be interested.

The Unofficial Guide to Ricoh Cameras and Rikenon Lenses
Thanks for posting this link. I came across this site a few years back and then lost track of it again. I don't know that the information is authoritative, but it sure is extensive (not exhaustive...only lists 2 variants of the K-mount 50/2, non-P). It is truly sobering to look at the many versions of XR Rikenon 28mm lenses are floating around...almost as many as Vivitar 28s of the same vintage!

I just wish that the Webmaster there would make larger photos available for the lenses.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-15-2013 at 08:31 PM.
02-17-2013, 02:32 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Thanks for posting this link. I came across this site a few years back and then lost track of it again. I don't know that the information is authoritative, but it sure is extensive (not exhaustive...only lists 2 variants of the K-mount 50/2, non-P). It is truly sobering to look at the many versions of XR Rikenon 28mm lenses are floating around...almost as many as Vivitar 28s of the same vintage!

I just wish that the Webmaster there would make larger photos available for the lenses.

Steve
used to be fuller pictures. You could click and and blow them up.... not sure what happened. I am going to print out the pages for safe keeping.
this amount of information is in my mind important for all us film and classic camera buffs. Google does not even have any info on half the things here. ( and i looked 300 pages in on a general search)

02-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by apathey2131978 Quote
Google does not even have any info on half the things here.
That is the problem with the Web. There is a tremendous amount of information out there, but the search engines only return the new stuff or items for sale. A good example would be a link on the Ricoh site that goes to an OLD (last modified, 1999) page that discusses lens fungus. That page pretty much nails the subject, including the issue of fungus removal.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 02-17-2013 at 10:37 AM.
02-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
That is the problem with the Web. There is a tremendous amount of information out there, but the search engines only return the new stuff or items for sale. A good example would be a link on the Ricoh site that goes to an OLD (last modified, 1999) page that discusses lens fungus. That page pretty much nails the subject, including the issue of fungus removal.

Steve
ill take that link... lol
02-06-2024, 08:40 AM   #10

Does anybody know what the link was to the old Ricoh camera page? I want to try and use the Internet archive or an similar page to ressurect it.