Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2013, 02:24 AM   #1

A case for MX-1 ?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello,

I began film photography with a Ricoh KR-10 and have great souvenirs with it, great photos until the curtains began to get stuck while reloading the lever... I replaced it with a pentax MX found in a secondhand market in Toulouse, and I love it !

I'm very interested by the new MX-1 and I'm almost decided to buy it as soon as I can see one in my hands in France. But I don't see any accessories fitted to it, a matching case for example...

How do pentax MX-1 users do carry it ? Has anyone managed to find a good case for its dimentions ?

Would it fit in a modified MX film DSLR case ? I own such a case from Ebay for my old MX (See item) and i'm very happy with it but unfortunately they are sold out and I don't want to cut my MX one's...

Any idea ?

Thanks,

tim.thee

02-25-2013, 05:39 AM   #2

Hi Tim,

I don't know if there is a specific case designed for the MX-1 as I could not find one either (not even on the Pentax site). I guess they are waiting to see how well it sells? Anyway, I got the Crumpler Pleasure Dome (small) and it fits perfectly.

sue
03-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #3

Lowepro Apex 100 AW fits the MX-1 perfectly. But notice that this bag has little space for spare batteries, charger, cables, cell phone etc.
See the photos in the Lowepro website and see if it's a problem for you
Lowepro - Apex 100 AW
03-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hi Amoon,

Thanks for you advice, though I'm not very found of this type of bags, but it seems quite useful at least.

For now one I've used the case of my old MX, found on Ebay, as it fits quite well the dimentions of the MX-1. Of course the nose is a bit large and there is no place for extra battery, etc. I have to get the camera out a little to see the screen and tilt it, but i'm getting used to it. It's not too large, easy to carry and I feel that the camera is protected there.

It looks very similar to this one (for the KX). I could modify it but I can't have another one for my MX because the item is sold out.

I share the case with it's old dad the MX, but I'm still looking for a case that would fit well and allow a quick photo.

04-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I bought my MX-1 I took it into a drug store with a wide selection of bags and spent a lot of time "trying on" bags. I settled on the Lowepro Rezo 60 which does have a pocket for an extra battery and memory cards. I have been very pleased with it.
04-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just got my MX-1 and thought I'd share.

I know this is an old thread, but after doing allot of research, I came up pretty empty. Mostly went to individual case manufactures sites and looked at quoted measurements. I didn't want one too big or small. Basically just big enough to store an extra battery, and SD card in a separate pouch/slot.

Best I found is the Tamrac 5292 case.