Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #16

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
well , I am after something as small as possible, perhaps leather tight fit pouch, like kind of glove so the camera could be protected from scratching while in my pockets or in my backpack.
I managed to utilise my old Sony lightly padded pouch from my old walkman to use with Pentax Q but I can not find anything suitable for MX-1

extra battery with spare charger ( with car adapter) I have ordered from:
Pentax MX-1 Battery
at the cost of AU$28.84 posted

kind regards
jack
How'd it go with the battery? I ordered one from battery locator that arrived last week and it doesn't actually fit in my camera - right size, wrong grooves. They made me take photos comparing the batteries to prove it. Been three days since and no response.

:/

08-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MX1_fanboy Quote
How'd it go with the battery? I ordered one from battery locator that arrived last week and it doesn't actually fit in my camera - right size, wrong grooves. They made me take photos comparing the batteries to prove it. Been three days since and no response.

initially the same problem here, but after emailing the supplier, the correct one was delivered within 24hrs at NO extra charge.
I purchased spare batteries and charges from them for my K10D ,MX-1 and the Q and very happy with the quality and service
08-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Waiting on the grip

Amazon.com: Flipbac FBG1 Camera Grip for Point & Shoot Digital Cameras: Camera & Photo

08-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
initially the same problem here, but after emailing the supplier, the correct one was delivered within 24hrs at NO extra charge.
I purchased spare batteries and charges from them for my K10D ,MX-1 and the Q and very happy with the quality and service
Will have to check them out next time! Battery Locator came good today and a replacement is on the way from Singapore.

08-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MX1_fanboy Quote

Does it look like this?
Rechargeable LI ION Battery D LI106 FOR Pentax MX 1 MX1 X 90 X90 Digital Camera | eBay

I ordered two and a charger to go with it....wondering if they won't fit when they arrive.
08-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #21

If it arrives as pictured and as per the title you'll be fine.

I ordered one with the same item code and picture as that but they still sent me a different one and insisted it would work.
08-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Samsung IA-BH125C

Hi!

I've found this battery type that works for MX-1: Samsung IA-BH125C

First I thought I could use the battery for X-5, but that is not working, it simply doesn't fit in the battery compartment of the MX-1.

But this Samsung type is working very well.

08-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #23

?(1) 58mm Lens Adapter LA-58MX1 (Qty1) Made of black anodized aluminum the KIWIFOTOS LA-58MX1 lens adapter is designed for attaching optional accessories to the Pentax MX-1 digital Camera. This adapter provides a 58MM filter mount for adding effect f

I got this lens adapter kit from Kiwifotos. The same pieces seem to be floating around under other brand names.

Was only interested in using the tube to mount filters but got the whole works for only a couple of bucks more on ebay.

Adapter tube works well. The lugs on its the side tighten the tube so it sticks firmly to the metal ring around the MX1 lens barrel - padded inside so won't scratch or anything. Tube seems a fair bit longer than the lens barrel fully extended but causes no vignetting. Say goodbye to any shred of pocketability.

If putting filters on your MX1 is important can recommend.

Included polariser seems better in quick testing than I expected as someone who usually uses top brand filters. Adds a slight purple cast to extreme highlights in photos but otherwise no noticeable degredation of IQ. Originally was planning to buy a more exp. cpl but think I'll use this for now.

Haven't and probably won't try the UV filter or lens hood (unless any of you have questions).

The lens cap that came with it is uncomfortably chunky and heavy, probably because of the magnet inside it.
02-07-2014, 12:36 PM - 2 Likes   #24
Pentaxian

I'm reviving this thread in light of the current firesale price of the MX-1 that is probably producing a lot of new MX-1 owners around here.

From the above posts, as well as in other online searches, I've determined that the following accessories may work really well with the MX-1. (If you want to use filters, see post immediately above this one).

(1) Stick-on Grip for the front of the camera, such as Flipbac: Flipbac G4 Camera Grip FBG4 B&H Photo Video

(2) LCD screen protector of some kind, such as ACMAXX: ACMAXX 3 0 Hard LCD Screen Armor Protector Pentax MX 1 MX1 M x1 Silver Black | eBay

(3) Spare battery, such as Wasabi: Amazon.com: Wasabi Power Battery for Pentax D-LI106 and Pentax MX-1, X90: Camera & Photo

(4) Very fast SD memory card, such as Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 mb/s: Amazon.com: SanDisk Extreme Pro 8 GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Flash Memory Card 95MB/s SDSDXPA-008G-AFFP: Electronics

(5) Nice classy leather wrist strap, such as Gordy's: gordy's camera straps

(6) Automatic open/close lens cap, like this one: Amazon.com: Rainbowimaging LCMX1B Self-Retaining Auto Open Close Lens Cap for Pentax MX-1 Camera (Black): Camera & Photo

(7) Camera case:

(a) Classy (but fake) form-fitting brown leather camera case of some kind off of eBay from China, such as: New Leather Camera Case Bag Cover for Pentax MX 1 MX1 with Strap Three Colors | eBay

or from Amazon for more $$ : Amazon.com: AST Ever Ready Camera Case Bag + Shoulder Strap For Pentax MX1 MX-1 MX 1 - Brown: Camera & Photo

(b) Not as classy but super cheap: Amazon.com: Case Logic MSEC-4 EVA Molded Camcorder Case - Black: Electronics

(c) Larger case that can hold extra battery, SD cards, etc. Lowepro Apex 100 AW Shoulder Bag (Black) LP34992-0WW B&H Photo

(d) expensive "real" leather case from China that comes with bottom-opening slot for easy removal of battery/sd card:
Handmade Genuine Real Leather Full Camera Case Camera Bag for Pentax MX 1 MX1 | eBay

Happy accessorizing your new MX-1!
02-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the list. Will be getting a few extra items. See my Customization on the Sticky page.

Last edited by goldenarrow; 02-08-2014 at 05:24 PM.
02-09-2014, 01:23 PM   #26
Forum Member

Photos: Albums

Love my case [ebay] and Prodot shutter button [ebay]

ps. I've got black tape over the assist lamp because its always flashing when taking shots, cant stand it.
02-09-2014, 01:32 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mooey Quote
ps. I've got black tape over the assist lamp because its always flashing when taking shots, cant stand it.
I think you can go into the first page of the menu to AF Setting, then uncheck the Focus Assist box. Then you don't have to cover up that beautiful body. ;-)

~Sara
02-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #28
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
I think you can go into the first page of the menu to AF Setting, then uncheck the Focus Assist box. Then you don't have to cover up that beautiful body. ;-)

~Sara
Hi Sara, yeah it is off, I think its a bug because other people have reported the same. If you use the 'candid capture' scene it doesnt flash......................was hoping for a firmware fix lol
02-09-2014, 01:51 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Hi Sara, yeah it is off, I think its a bug because other people have reported the same. If you use the 'candid capture' scene it doesnt flash......................was hoping for a firmware fix lol
Interesting! I've never noticed the problem, but I'll certainly keep an eye out for it, now...

~Sara
02-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Works for me with the Focus Assist turned off, no AF lamp.