Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2014, 07:40 PM   #76
Forum Member

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by skism Quote
That would be me, and here's the photo again. As I said in the other thread, it's a vain little exercise, but it does look rather nice! I find people are often really impressed when they see the Mx1 in person, they notice it and want to have a closer look.
Nice look! what is the inner diameter of the push on lens cap you used? does it fit well?

02-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #77
Inactive Account

I can confirm that these batteries fit properly in the MX-1 : Amazon.com: 2x Pack - Pentax MX-1 Battery - Replacement for Pentax D-LI106 Digital Camera Battery (2150mAh, 3.7V, Lithium-Ion): Camera & Photo

It's a 2x pack!
02-28-2014, 08:31 AM   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
I can confirm that these batteries fit properly in the MX-1 : Amazon.com: 2x Pack - Pentax MX-1 Battery - Replacement for Pentax D-LI106 Digital Camera Battery (2150mAh, 3.7V, Lithium-Ion): Camera & Photo It's a 2x pack!
Do they last longer than the OEM battery? I don't know whether this matters much, but the OEM version of D-LI106 is 1250mAh whereas the batteries you found are 2150mAh. The Wasabi batteries that are popular around these Forums are 1400 mAh. Does this translate to longer battery operation in the camera?
02-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #79
Inactive Account

in theory

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
Do they last longer than the OEM battery? I don't know whether this matters much, but the OEM version of D-LI106 is 1250mAh whereas the batteries you found are 2150mAh. The Wasabi batteries that are popular around these Forums are 1400 mAh. Does this translate to longer battery operation in the camera?
In theory this should mean more juicing time, but IDK yet .. TBD.

02-28-2014, 11:30 AM   #80
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote

In theory the bigger the number the longer they last. The thing is that I don't know if there is any real quality control done on all those cheapo batteries out there. So it is kinda buyer beware. Sometimes I think that they are over estimating the mAh capicity when they slap those sticker on.
02-28-2014, 11:31 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have the original and a Wasabi spare for both my K30 and my new MX-1. I haven't cycled through the MX-1's batteries enough to tell, but on the K30, the Wasabi batter does seem to run a little longer. Granted, I do manual everything with the K30 and the batteries last forever anyway, but the 1400mAh Wasabi seems to outlast the 1050mAh Pentax original battery. I have no specific data to back it up, just experience and my casual observances. I expect the MX-1's Wasabi equivalent will perform just as extraordinarily.
02-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gt6plus Quote
In theory the bigger the number the longer they last. The thing is that I don't know if there is any real quality control done on all those cheapo batteries out there. So it is kinda buyer beware. Sometimes I think that they are over estimating the mAh capicity when they slap those sticker on.

What? Says lifetime warranty.

02-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #83
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
What? Says lifetime warranty.

That is a pretty bold statement. Rechargeable batteries have a lifecycle and will not last indefinitely.
It would be interesting to see what the said lifetime warranty covers.
02-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #84
Veteran Member

I've always taken the cynical view that 'Lifetime Warranty' means for the life of the product!
After all, the life of the purchaser is unknown.
02-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #85
Veteran Member

I was being quite sarcastic. I'm not worried about a shorter lifespan of te battery at that price, but I'm more worried about the batteries causing issues inside the camera if there is some sort of failure.
02-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
I'm more worried about the batteries causing issues inside the camera if there is some sort of failure.
Yes, that is a concern of mine as well. But in the case of the Wasabi batteries that have generally been very well received by many users on these Forums, I'll take that chance. Not so sure about rolling the dice on this "Upstart Battery" brand that doesn't have nearly the same track record.
03-13-2014, 07:24 PM - 2 Likes   #87

So the Fujifilm X100 replacement lens cap from Rainbow Imaging on eBay finally arrived (after over a month from the US to New Zealand)!

Here are a few photos of how it looks and and a video demonstrating the how well the cap fits - almost perfect! The inside of the cap is lined with padding to prevent scratches on the lens.
The only thing I don't like about it is that the silver metal colour is slightly different to the silver of the MX-1 and also the texture of the metal, but oh well lol

Time to get a Gariz leather lens cap holder. I hope the brown leather matches the brown fake leather half case I got on eBay from China :P

Here's a quick video demonstrating how well the cap fits and it's hold to the lens.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 4  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 4  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 4  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 4  Photo 

Last edited by nzkiwi; 03-13-2014 at 07:43 PM.
03-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nzkiwi Quote
So the Fujifilm X100 replacement lens cap from Rainbow Imaging on eBay finally arrived (after over a month from the US to New Zealand)!

Here are a few photos of how it looks and and a video demonstrating the how well the cap fits - almost perfect! The inside of the cap is lined with padding to prevent scratches on the lens.
The only thing I don't like about it is that the silver metal colour is slightly different to the silver of the MX-1 and also the texture of the metal, but oh well lol

Time to get a Gariz leather lens cap holder. I hope the brown leather matches the brown fake leather half case I got on eBay from China :P

Here's a quick video demonstrating how well the cap fits and it's hold to the lens.

http://youtu.be/uGImE37x6n0

What happens if you turn the camera on by mistake while the cap is still on!?
Is not that bad looking - I'm sure it can be repainted easily.
03-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #89

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
What happens if you turn the camera on by mistake while the cap is still on!?
Is not that bad looking - I'm sure it can be repainted easily.
It gets pushed off, but I guess that's why we need a lens cap holder haha
03-14-2014, 05:24 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nzkiwi Quote
It gets pushed off, but I guess that's why we need a lens cap holder haha
Oh cool then. Is not tight enough to hold the lens back.