Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
Forum Member

Canon G15 vs. Pentax MX-1

I've just found this interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZmRLnCsLuo

The G15 was in my list of cameras to try/buy...

03-20-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have a G10 and a G11. What the review won't tell you is that the curtain that goes over the lens to supposedly protect it gathers grit. the grit scratches the lens so the camera is unusable. When it takes months to get a contact and then a reply from canon Australia - the best you can get from canon is to keep the curtain clean - hah you can't get anywhere near open or closed behind the curtain. Fixed the wife's G11 and got some accessories to keep the lens clean doubling the thickness of the camera. friends with G12 have the same problem. You can assume same issue with G15.

I take every opportunity to scream loud - not happy canon. And what's wrong with being able to phone someone like we do with pentax in Aus? What are you scared of?
03-21-2013, 04:24 AM   #3

I had a G12 and a few months into ownership the lens curtain decided it would no longer close and the camera would not retract the lens. It would operate ok though. Other than the fact that would not zoom past 28mm. And would only let you review your shots for a couple seconds before automatically switching back to shooting mode. It's photos did look pretty good though. Of course, the MX-1 looks better in everyway.
04-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Certain things look great with the G15 and some with the MX1

04-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CB Knipp Quote
I had a G12 and a few months into ownership the lens curtain decided it would no longer close and the camera would not retract the lens. It would operate ok though. Other than the fact that would not zoom past 28mm. And would only let you review your shots for a couple seconds before automatically switching back to shooting mode. It's photos did look pretty good though. Of course, the MX-1 looks better in everyway.
Otherwise your G12 was perfect. At least with the curtain jammed open, you won't get a scratched lens.