Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
X-5 at Target

I had seen the WG-1 and WG-2 cameras at Target for some time now, but this weekend I was surprised to see an X-5 as well. Looks like Ricoh is pushing to get more Pentax cameras in B&M stores.

03-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is great news. Here in Australia we do not see much Pentax at Target (Australia) so far, and the news is encouraging.
03-24-2013, 04:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Just noticed this today as well, I'd agree this is a little encouraging.

Compared to my X90, the X-5 grip is much more substantial, and I'd say the button layout and ergonomics are very good overall. But somehow it feels a little bit cheaper in build quality than the X90, and other bridge cameras, for that matter. Maybe it is just the color/finish of the plastic. It is also lighter in weight than its overall dimensions would suggest, which may be why the feeling is somehow a little cheaper -- as opposed to the K-01 which has a real quality feel.

The knurled rubber grip around the lens barrel, along with the trademark DA-style green ring, looks really purposeful, it will instantly disappoint people who will invariably grab it and attempt to turn it. This is the same false ring as used on low end Fuji bridge cameras. I wish they could have made that functional, like it is on the higher-end Fuji bridge cameras, where it adjusts the zoom.

Anyhow, in the 5 minutes I spent with it, I'd have to say it is probably the best handling bridge camera I've every held. Not sure if my sentiment in this regard will really amount to anything.
03-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I saw X-5 ad on Australia Post flyers today....