05-02-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Compact Camera Post Processing Contest #11

Pentax Compact Camera Post Processing Contest #11

The Rules

1. Have Fun!

2. Use any Post Processing Software and techniques.

3. Entries will close on May 31st, 2013.

4. Maximum image dimensions for entries are 1024x768 pixels

5. Max of 3 image entries per person. Entries may be withdrawn or changed

6. List software used, as well as your method, with your entry so we can all learn.

7. There are no limits or restrictions - make the subject image into whatever you want!
But please do not copy or alter other entries....

8. Contest winner determines the rules, selects theme, sets closing date, and judge’s next competition

Thanks Bart for the nod to host this challenge! I honestly didn't think about the consequences if I actually won the last challenge, and just like the last time I hosted one, I found it really difficult to find an image I would want to edit if I was a contestant. I hardly ever shoot p&s these days and when I do it's usually just family snaps. If I had a smart phone I'm sure I'd be making more creative efforts...

Anyhow had to go back to 2010 for this one... Not sure if you'll enjoy playing with it, but it was the closest I could come to something that seemed suitable.

I'll pose my bonus question here: Is a month too long of a duration for this challenge?

Here's the download link to the original.

Alternate download location here.

Last edited by todd; 05-03-2013 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added alternate download location
05-02-2013, 11:07 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Veteran Member

This should be interesting. I can think of many mods for this, just have to find some time. But first, a simple change. Using CS6, blur, clone and smudge tools, change to 25% lab color, back to rgb and apply a bit of topaz clean to add some detail

Last edited by ivoire; 12-22-2013 at 06:51 AM.
05-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Oooo....Nice job ivoire!

The download link doesn't work for me, all I get is advertising.... Download stuff NOW!
05-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fastback67 Quote
Oooo....Nice job ivoire!

The download link doesn't work for me, all I get is advertising.... Download stuff NOW!
I just tried the link and it works fine. Not sure why you can't get it.

So it has turned cold and rainy again which means another entry:

Survival of the most Adaptable

05-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

And #3. original entry run thru the Fractalius plugin and converted to BnW in Nik Silver Efex.

Gotta admit that i am very happy these guys are not 6ft tall

05-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
I just tried the link and it works fine. Not sure why you can't get it.
Maybe it's because I'm not a Mediafire member? I tried it again, and I still get the same crap... Join Now, Download Now!
I'll just work from the posted image... although it hardly seems worth it, considering the 3 fine entries you've already posted... they're all winners!
05-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Maybe it's because I'm not a Mediafire member? I tried it again, and I still get the same crap... Join Now, Download Now!
I'll just work from the posted image... although it hardly seems worth it, considering the 3 fine entries you've already posted... they're all winners!
I can send it via email if you want the full size image

05-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
What browser are you using? You need an ad blocking plugin! If FF or Chrome get AdBlock Plus (free)... Don't know about the others but I wouldn't use a browser that couldn't filter ads.

Ivoire I've much enjoyed all your entries! I might have some bizarre dreams tonight too. Thanks!
05-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
What browser are you using? You need an ad blocking plugin! If FF or Chrome get AdBlock Plus (free)... Don't know about the others but I wouldn't use a browser that couldn't filter ads.
These are not adds... it's just stuff related to Mediafire.
I never use Chrome unless I absolutely have to (which is almost never)... it's a viral paradise.
05-03-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
These are not adds... it's just stuff related to Mediafire.
I never use Chrome unless I absolutely have to (which is almost never)... it's a viral paradise.
I also use script managers in both chrome and FF and have never had viruses get through. Maybe it's these that keep me from having to hassle other mediafire crap too..

Here's another link for you (and anybody else who has trouble)...
05-05-2013, 05:53 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yup... that one works! Thanks!
05-06-2013, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok, I'll try something I created with Zoner Photo Studio. If you want to really know how, you'll have to hypnotise me and see if you can get something out of me, because I sure as hell can't remember which buttons I pushed and what else I did...

@todd, How are Zion and the family? Please don't show the young ones my once again brilliant creation, it might either cause severe muscle spasms all over the body, as a result of too much laughter, or serious nightmares!!
Attached Images

05-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
Ok, I'll try something I created with Zoner Photo Studio. If you want to really know how, you'll have to hypnotise me and see if you can get something out of me, because I sure as hell can't remember which buttons I pushed and what else I did...

@todd, How are Zion and the family? Please don't show the young ones my once again brilliant creation, it might either cause severe muscle spasms all over the body, as a result of too much laughter, or serious nightmares!!
Haha very nice work! I totally relate to the button pushing blur. Much respect for people who are methodical lol..

Zion is well thanks for asking! He's been with us for two years come August.Time is flying. We just celebrated five years with our adopted daughter yesterday. Family life is crazy and fun and it's amazing watching all five of our kids grow up into who they each are. Oh and we have an exchange student from China too just to see how much we can handle (just kidding). We are all learning to love on a daily basis. And how about you?
05-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Haha very nice work! I totally relate to the button pushing blur. Much respect for people who are methodical lol..

Zion is well thanks for asking! He's been with us for two years come August.Time is flying. We just celebrated five years with our adopted daughter yesterday. Family life is crazy and fun and it's amazing watching all five of our kids grow up into who they each are. Oh and we have an exchange student from China too just to see how much we can handle (just kidding). We are all learning to love on a daily basis. And how about you?
No everything is fine this side, thanks for asking Todd. I just wish I had more time for my hobby, but work keeps me very busy, not that I'm complaining....
05-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
No everything is fine this side, thanks for asking Todd. I just wish I had more time for my hobby, but work keeps me very busy, not that I'm complaining....
Good to hear! At least the 'everything is fine' part. I do feel fortunate that I can make time for the hobby. I do sacrifice other interests in the process but definitely can't complain about that. #firstworldproblems