Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #1
Inactive Account

how to connect x-5 to computer

I have a Pentax x-5 and cannot connect to my Dell Vista, altho it's OS compatible. Any suggestions?

05-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Use USB, try turing camera on.
05-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LynneBH Quote
how to connect x-5 to computer
Welcome to the forum, what is it your trying to do, is it get your pictures from camera to computer?

Normally the best way for that is to take the sd card out of the camera and put it in the card reader directly on the computer.
05-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, what is it your trying to do, is it get your pictures from camera to computer?

Normally the best way for that is to take the sd card out of the camera and put it in the card reader directly on the computer.
Usually I transfer the pictures via the card+reader. With X-5 I found out that with the provided cable data transfer is much faster than with my reader, I probably have some configuration issue here.

I plug the cable to camera first (which is off) and the other end to a running PC. Then turn camera on: it's recognized as generic USB device and the usual pop-up for external USB-storage appears.

06-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #5

I have also had trouble getting my computer to read from my new x-5. I posted my question here. It does not read automatically as it should; I have been advised to purchase a card reader, which I'll do to see if that works, but I would really like to be able to just use the USB cable.