Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
06-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Point & Shoot Competition #67

I want to shake things up creatively so there will be some changes to this contest (for this month only).

Not a huge fan of themes. They can feel like assignments and this runs counter to the Point & Shoot photography style. Themes do make it easier for some photographers and definetly for the judge. Oh well. For this contest NO THEME. SHOOT and SHARE WHAT YOU WANT within forum guide lines. The contest has been themeless a few times before and it worked out fine. Enjoy the freedom.

There is a twist this time.

THE TWIST. Many own more than 1 point & shoot camera. Good! If you fit this description:

I want to see 1 ENTRY FROM EVERY WORKING POINT & SHOOT CAMERA YOU OWN. These can be new or from your archives. I love seeing all the different cameras in these contests. Hope this pumps up participation and gets you to reconsider some of your less used shelf sitters. Lets see some diversity.

The rest of the rules are as before:

The Rules

1. Have fun!
2. Cameras:
No cameras with sensors larger than 1".
No large format or camera typically requiring a tripod to use.
No interchangeable lens cameras.
No 35mm(D)SLRs or any camera weighing over 1kg.

Cameras permitted ( cameras listed as acceptable here supersede rules above)
Fixed-lens 35mm and smaller-format film and digital rangefinder and viewfinder cameras.
Interchangeable or fixed-lens 110film SLRs and Pentax Q.
TLRs, 6x9, 6x7, 6x6, Medium Format "folding", "box", or "Holga-style" scale focus cameras ( subject to 1kg weight limitation).

3. Entries will close on June 30, 2013 Midnight CST.
4. Maximum image dimensions are 1024x768 (ish) pixels.
5. 1 image per camera. Unless you own only 1 applicable camera, then you can post 3 images.

6. List camera brand, model, with entry for all to see, and exposure data would be nice.
7. Post processing is fine, but no heavy processing (e.g. HDR, panorama).
8. Contest winner determines the rules, selects theme, sets closing date and judges the next competition.
9. HAVE FUN!

thanks
barondla

06-02-2013, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great idea for showing off diff cameras and what can be done with them! So i'll start with one from the Samsung TL350 (WB2000 European designation). It was taken at 80iso, f5.6, lens at 90mm equivalent, unknown shutter speed

[IMG] [/IMG]

One with the Q

[IMG] [/IMG]

One with the Fujifinepix f10

[IMG] [/IMG]

These are the only 3 "point n shoots" that I still own.

Last edited by ivoire; 06-02-2013 at 08:17 PM.
06-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

NOOOO. You sold your XZ? *slaps*

Nice shots BTW Especially like the first!
06-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
NOOOO. You sold your XZ? *slaps*

Nice shots BTW Especially like the first!
Too many cameras sitting and gathering dust. Sold the K5 + gear, XZ, GH1 and EPL2. That also paid for the 6 weeks in India. I think we will be facing stiff competition from you (how many cameras have you collected?)

06-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Too many cameras sitting and gathering dust. Sold the K5 + gear, XZ, GH1 and EPL2. That also paid for the 6 weeks in India. I think we will be facing stiff competition from you (how many cameras have you collected?)
Believe it or not, the XZ-1 was my last acquisition. Everything else came before
06-04-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Believe it or not, the XZ-1 was my last acquisition. Everything else came before
Okay, Barondla, you asked for it!

I have my RX100 WG-II and Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 3GS, Canon PowerShot G2 (Yes, 2, not 12), Two sony Floppy-disc mavicas, a digicam/webcam, my Optio A40 and at least for the moment my W90, An Olympus thingy and an ancient Kodak Almost-one-megapixel digital...

And that's just the digitals...

Then there's the Olympus Infinity Stylus, XA, Yashica Electro 35 GSN, Electro 35 CC, Pentax IQZoom 105WR, Canon AF35ML, Yashica 635, Yashica-Mat, Kodak Duaflex, Folding Autographic Brownie and a Hawkeye Flash, Plus a Retina 1B.

And that's just what I can think of right now.
06-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #7
Veteran Member

and whats on the dream list??? I'm contemplating getting the dp2 merrill

QuoteOriginally posted by unixrevolution Quote
Okay, Barondla, you asked for it!
That's some line up!!! I suspect it will take days to post your images

06-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #8
Veteran Member

and whats on the dream list??? I'm contemplating getting the dp2 merrill
I keep thinking I'd like the DPs but in reality, its just because I want it all. What I *do* want is the GR. I have the X100 but can see a place in the bag for the GR as well. It would replace the GRDIII which has a broken battery latch and is a PITA to get going again after a battery recharge. The good news is that the battery from that will also fit the GR... instant spare!

Need to think about what I'll trot out for this challenge. I have an Olympus C760UZ which I just received new batteries for, so thats on the list. The XZ-1, the GRDIII and the Panasonic FZ100. Thats my lot for now. I'll probably hit the archives or shoot in the yard and street. Havent the energy to go far afield.

OK: Here's the first. Olympus C760-UZ. Still very competent.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 06-14-2013 at 08:15 PM.
06-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Very nice capture Sue! I suspected you would be dropping in multiple entries.

I keep thinking I'd like the DPs but in reality, its just because I want it all. What I *do* want is the GR.
I just sold the entire Q kit today and now have to decide on the DP2 or GR. Both are the same price but the Foven sensor is alluring.
06-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Thanks, Michael. Here's number two. Panasonic FZ100 in the back yard. This and the other taken within the last hour. I think for the other two, its going to be the archives.

So.. from the XZ-1

and lastly from the GRDIII, and experiment with long exposure I did ages ago.

Thats all, folks
06-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I'll play.

This one is from Kodak P880. A gem of a camera with 24mm wide angle lens and could shoot in RAW. I still regret selling it.

Canon S3 IS + Raynox DCR-250

Canon S3 IS

06-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Are we allowed to submit old shots from cameras we no longer own? Because if so I have a bunch...
06-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Are we allowed to submit old shots from cameras we no longer own? Because if so I have a bunch...
From the way the rules are written it looks like you can only post 1 image from each of the cameras you owned at the time the contest began. We'll have to wait for the referee to chime in for a decision.
06-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonakG Quote
I'll play.
LOVE the rock dove. That wing movement has been captured so well. Love it.

From the way the rules are written it looks like you can only post 1 image from each of the cameras you owned at the time the contest began. We'll have to wait for the referee to chime in for a decision.
I read it the same way, thats why there are none from my gone cameras, although I do trot some out during other comps, from time to time.
06-05-2013, 04:40 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Ok, I'll try one. Nokia Lumia 920, only slight sharpening... Have a look at the EXIF, I checked it in FastStone Viewer and Zoner photo Studio, it is the same in both, I don't know about the shutter speed, this was hand held... Ok, so I had a drink or two.... or three, when I took it

---- Image Information ---------------------------------------------------------
Filename: WP_20130403_011
File size: 242 KB (248 076 bytes)
Dimensions: 720 x 1278
Bit depth: 24
Created: 03 April 2013 18:41:05
Changed: 03 April 2013 18:41:52

---- Description ---------------------------------------------------------------

---- Picture Taking Conditions -------------------------------------------------
Audio note No
Camera data Yes
Text information No
Created 03 April 2013 18:41:05
Digitized 03 April 2013 18:41:05
Flash No
Exposure time 0.3 s
Aperture 2.0
ISO 800
Exposure bias 0
Orientation Normal
Camera Make Nokia
Model Lumia 920
Software Windows Phone
Compression JFIF Compression
Color representation YCbCR
DPI 72.00
Exif version 2.20
Flashpix version 1.00
Colorspace sRGB
Flash - detailed Flash did not fire, Compulsory flash suppression
Keywords No
Digital signature No
Attached Images

Last edited by altopiet; 06-05-2013 at 04:48 AM.