Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Really inventive, ivoire and todd!

Excellent b&w, btw.
Thanks Bart, the channel mixer in pshop offers a much better method for conversion to BnW than the "auto" functions.

07-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Only a couple of more days left folks. Get your entries in!
07-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Last day to submit your entries. I will have results tomorrow.
08-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
WINNER!! (HOLY SMOKES I'M LATE!!)

Sorry folks I got tied up yesterday and couldn't get to the judging. Here goes:

@jmschrei's entry was a great kickoff, the crop isolated the subjects and bridge really well, and the colors were boosted a good amount. I didn't think it looked cartoony at all actually.

@samtr87's reversed entries really made the picture stand out and I felt like I was transported to Sausalito. Of the two reverse I liked the BW best, somehow the color version makes me dizzy
Best one of the three though was the ghost shot, it really looks creepy and looks like it could be on one of those paranormal TV shows.

@Bart gave the shot an old time feel with his entries. The first 'attic' one I liked best, the weathered finish made it look like the shot was taken by my grandparents. Nice!

@ivoire made a hilarious entry with the shark fishergirl. I tend to prefer funny and this version was spot on and technically excellent. It would have been my top choice except:

When I put up the picture I was hoping someone would take out the telephone pole because it totally takes away from the scenic spot (cmon SF, bury those wires!), and only one entry did the cleanup.

@Todd gave us a comedy giant model and tiny photog that totally gets what they were trying to do with the picture themselves, and he also erased the offending telephone pole, so I have to give him the win.

Congrats Todd, and everyone else who participated!

I look forward to your shot Todd

08-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Congrats to Todd and the rest of the crew. It was fun to do and I enjoyed everyones entries. I just wonder how Todd escaped the wrath of that Amazon for throwing away her fishing pole
08-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #21
Pentaxian

thanks Larry for the challenge and vote and to everyone for all the good entries!

QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
the wrath of that Amazon
Turns out she has a great fear of sharks that kept her from coming after me.
08-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Congratulations, todd!
And thanks Larry for a fine contest.