Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Universal pop up shade for the Q?

hi there, don't know if im in the right place to post this here, but, has anyone used one of these on the Q ? and if so is it the 2.8 inch one? Im worried about scratching my new baby

If you have, can you put a pic up for me to have a nosy at

07-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #2

Be Careful

I have a Delkin 3" shade on my Q as well as my K-01. Comes in very handy in sunny locations.
Just so you know the 3" fits great on the K-01, BUT will be a bit large on The Q. By this I mean that it the mount will stick up a bit top and bottom. Not enough to catch on things and get in the way--just enough to be a bit of a pain in the butt. I can live with it!
As far as a 2.8" shade-that may fit a bit better, but you will lose a bit of the image in playback and enlarging the foto you have just taken.
I think they are worth it as it protects the screen from sharp KNOCKS AND SCRATCHES.
07-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by NYNOIR Quote
I have a Delkin 3" shade on my Q as well as my K-01. Comes in very handy in sunny locations.
Just so you know the 3" fits great on the K-01, BUT will be a bit large on The Q. By this I mean that it the mount will stick up a bit top and bottom. Not enough to catch on things and get in the way--just enough to be a bit of a pain in the butt. I can live with it!
As far as a 2.8" shade-that may fit a bit better, but you will lose a bit of the image in playback and enlarging the foto you have just taken.
I think they are worth it as it protects the screen from sharp KNOCKS AND SCRATCHES.
What I forgot to mention was that you should take an alcohol swab or lightly soaked cotton ball and alcohol to clean off any grease, dirt, or skin oils before attaching. Once on -press down securely and leave for about 8 to 16 hours for the glue to adhere better. If you don't like it it comes off fairly easily with no residue left.
I got my 3" Delkin from B&H for about $8 to $9US.
Sorry, but can't provide any fotos for now.

Last edited by NYNOIR; 07-04-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: misspelling