Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Can't see images on LCD because of reflection

I've joined Pentax Forums in the hope that someone may be able to throw some light on a couple of issues I have with my Optio T30.

The first is that on most occasions I'm only able to take "point, click & hope for the best" photos because we're unable to see what's on the screen due to the glare/reflection. The reason we bought the camera was because it had such a good sized screen for our senior citizen eyes, but it's really useless under most lighting situations. We really miss the viewfinder we had on the Optio S.

The second query is in regard to the erratic firing of the flash when we're using the camera on auto. There've been many situations when I've really felt that the flash should've fired but it didn't, leaving us with a photo that's out of focus and underdone!

Despite these couple of disappointing features, on the whole we're happy enough with the camera and have taken some spectacular photos with it.

Cheers from Downunder,

Jenny

03-19-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
Veteran Member

to your first issue, i would look into delkin's eFilm LCD covers. it's got a hard screen protector that has a glare shield that slides over it. really helps block sunlight from the screen, so you can see more of it.
Delkin Devices - Udma Compact Flash - Digital camera accessories and OEM flash manufacturer

unfortunately, i'm not familiar with the optio cameras, so i can't help with your second issue. :-(
03-22-2008, 05:09 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Many thanks for the information. I've managed to find a store here in Sydney Australia which stocks the Delkin Pop-up Shade which may solve my reflection problem. The only foreseeable stumbling block is that the T30 is a touchscreen camera but I'll make enquiries at the store before ordering online!
03-22-2008, 10:22 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jendon Quote
Many thanks for the information. I've managed to find a store here in Sydney Australia which stocks the Delkin Pop-up Shade which may solve my reflection problem. The only foreseeable stumbling block is that the T30 is a touchscreen camera but I'll make enquiries at the store before ordering online!
The Delkin does put another piece of glass over the LCD, so the touch screen won't work as is. I can visualize, however, putting the popup shade part on with some type of adhesive and just using that part of it. It does make quite a difference in bright light. When working indoors, I prefer to click off the shade just so I don't have to keep opening and closing it, but since you use the LCD for compositiion, it doesn't get in the way when you put your eye to the viewfinder, as I do.

03-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for your input Albert. You Canadians seem to have the knack of lateral thinking, ie removing the hard glass cover! I'll contact the Delkin dealer tomorrow and see what they have to say. Give me a viewfinder any day though - like a lot of things, we didn't appreciate what we had until it was no longer there!

You're so lucky living in such a beautiful area - a source of countless photo opportunities!