Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Case for MX-1

Has anyone tried a case like this for the MX-1?
Amazon.com: Brown Kindofsmile "Ever Ready" Protective Pu Leather Camera Case Bag for Pentax Mx1 Mx-1 Mx 1: Camera & Photo

If so, does it come off looking crappy? Or, halfway respectable?

Thanks

08-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #2

I have this exact case in a darker shade of brown.

It's very cheaply made - the "leather" feels plasticky - top cover doesn't fit that well, a little big and awkwardly cut (though being a knock off, this may vary from case to case). I only use it for when my camera is in storage. The bottom part, which I keep on it all the time, fits correctly however the sides covering the front of the camera stretch outwards like they are slightly too small. The bump grip is a nice touch that I appreciate more than I thought I would.

Despite that it actually still looks pretty good. It balances the proportions of the camera well; hides the bulging lines of the LCD screen (which does make it harder to flip out from the bottom). Compliments the retro styling of the MX1. I've started getting comments from strangers since I started using it.

The reason I got it over the much more luxurious case that itrax has (or at all for that matter) is that it has neck strap lugs on the side of the camera.

Overall, it feels every bit a Chinese knock off, but doesn't entirely look so. Gives an ergonomic boost to the camera for the reasons explained above. I'm happy with it.

Another thing some might appreciate is that the neck strap can be set long enough to comfortably sling the camera across your body if you're of average dimensions.

Think I did better than that price-wise on ebay.

Last edited by MX1_fanboy; 08-21-2013 at 07:22 AM.
08-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks for the feedback. Just ordered one on eBay.
08-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #4

Let us know how yours is - specifically with the sizing of the top case and the stretching of the bottom part. Am curious to know if this varies significantly from piece to piece.

09-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I just got my case and it seems to fit comfortably.
09-15-2013, 09:14 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
Has anyone tried a case like this for the MX-1?
Amazon.com: Brown Kindofsmile "Ever Ready" Protective Pu Leather Camera Case Bag for Pentax Mx1 Mx-1 Mx 1: Camera & Photo

If so, does it come off looking crappy? Or, halfway respectable?

Thanks
Just bought one off ebay myself. $20 shipping included. Like the look and great point about the strap eyelets MX1_Fanboy...What was pentax thinking with the front lugs? Crazy.
09-16-2013, 09:25 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I also go one off of ebay and it is surprisingly nice.
09-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #8
Inactive Account

I personally don't like the (n)ever ready cases. They look very nice, but where do you keep the cover when you want to use the camera? The half case also blocks the battery/ SD card cover, so you have to take it off very often. I found a very nice case including a shoulder strap for the case and matching wrist strap for the camera once you take it out:

I ordered mine for only $ 15.99 over here: New Camera Case Bag Pouch Forpentax MX 1 MX1 Coffee Leather Dark Brown | eBay

I received it today after 2 weeks shipping time and it looks fantastic.

09-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Some pictures of my $ 15.99 Ebay case (@ low light tonight):

I guess the frequent sliding in and out of this case will help acquiring the nice natural 'brassed' look on my MX-1 .
04-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by smarter Quote
Some pictures of my $ 15.99 Ebay case (@ low light tonight):

I guess the frequent sliding in and out of this case will help acquiring the nice natural 'brassed' look on my MX-1 .
Hello Smarter, new member here from Pittsburgh. I joined yesterday after finding your post. I just picked up the MX-1 from Adorama a few days ago for $249. What an amazing camera, especially at that price. I really wanted to thank you for posting the info and photos of this case. I agree with you on the failings if the other case listed above and was looking for a case like yours. I did order one last night. I was curious how it has held up for you now that you've had it for a few months. Again, thanks for posting the photos.

P.S. I had a Pentax *ist DS dSLR a few years ago and currently have the K-r. Been a Pentax fan for some time.
04-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #11
Inactive Account

New Case

Hi, I have just ordered this case for my MX-1, will follow up on what its like...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Protective-Leather-Camera-Pentax-Digital/dp/B00IL2OO...entax+mx1+case