Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2013, 12:31 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
WG-II on Vacation

I'm packaging up the WG-II to see if I can sell along with some other cameras I've been trying out. CBA is a real beast sometimes. But it is fun to try out what is new out there.

I bought this fun little camera back in March for our trip in May to Negril, Jamaica. It came to the beach everyday with me and was a great companion in the sun, surf and sand. It actually took some really great images and videos. Especially worked well in the water. Although I was recovering from a leg injury I could not go snorkeling but I did get a chance to use it just off the shoreline underwater. I'm attaching a few shots below to show the capabilities of this great vacation camera. I also lugged the K-5 and DA 16-50 down there - but it spent most of the time in the safe. I didn't want to be the dork lugging a DSLR on the beach everyday and this little camera made some great snaps.

It was nice to take some time and review some pictures of our week in paradise. The camera performed admirably

Anyways I decided that I probably won't use this wonderful camera that much, so it is up for sale. Here is a link...feel free to send me an offer if you think I'm off base on the price. It comes with two spare batteries - which is mandatory with this camera.

Here are some pictures if you are interested...

You always have to grab a title slide for your presentation : )

Here was our daily hangout on the beach. The resorts is located in a bay (Bloody Bay) so the water is crystal clear and no breaking waves...usually it is flat as a pancake

When I'm on vacation this is the position I assume. If not here I lie out on the raft and drift around until I need a drink.

Being in Negril you are facing west so you get some spectacular sunsets. Here are a couple. Oh and one night I recorded about a 30 minute video of the sunset and caught the "green flash" as the sun went behing the waterline - really cool.

Here is one with the sun streaking out of the clouds...beautiful colors in both of these. the one below looks like a dog with the sun in his mouth (well that is what my wife thinks)

The WG macro and microscope modes are really impressive. There were hundreds of starfish on the ocean floor. The unique thing with this location is that there is absolutely no vegetation on the bottom and the water is waist deep and crystal clear all the way out to about 50-75 feet from the shoreline. You can spot starfish (and many other types of fish, rays, or whatever [saw a barracuda one morning]) by just looking down into the water as you wade along. Most of the time I just held the camera just with the lens in the water and got shots like this...

You can reach down and check out the starfish since they are at arms reach (well toe reach). Note: no starfish were harmed in any of these photos. We catch and gently release.

Anyways this was our third year at this resort and the beach is rated one of the top ten in the world and we think so too (whatever that is worth).
Anyways I thought I would show that this little camera is a great companion at the beach and takes great travel pictures without being that dork lugging a huge DSLR around worried that sand or water will get into his equipment. haha.

This parting shot was taken early one morning and it was so peaceful and quiet before people arrived for the day...worth every penny just for one morning of this.

Last edited by mpreston; 09-13-2013 at 04:29 PM.