Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2013, 02:00 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K30 LCD is too bright, and other stuff

Hi,

I've bought new Pentax K30 that is an upgrade from my Kr. The first thing that impresses me is that the LCD is too bright and beautiful. Something likes Canon: When you see the image on the LCD it's very good, but the contrast will be very different when the image is being viewed on my laptop and or on my Kr.

My question: is this a feature? And how to customize it? Does the K30 LCD reflect the very true image?

Another problem is the K30 doesn't see my Tamron 90mm (it sees Tamron 28-75mm though). I would upgrade the firmware but not sure it works but because thePentax K30 firmware's changelogs only records their own lenses.

Thanks for your reading and helps.

09-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by icy Quote
My question: is this a feature? And how to customize it? Does the K30 LCD reflect the very true image?
You can adjust the brightness and hue via the menu. The final product is always best viewed on a computer, though, regardless of the LCD. And BTW, the K-30 has the same screen as the K-r hardware-wise.

QuoteOriginally posted by icy Quote
Another problem is the K30 doesn't see my Tamron 90mm (it sees Tamron 28-75mm though)
By "see" do you mean that the camera isn't recognizing the focal length and giving you the F-- error? If so, try cleaning the lens contacts.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
icy

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can adjust the brightness and hue via the menu. The final product is always best viewed on a computer, though, regardless of the LCD. And BTW, the K-30 has the same screen as the K-r hardware-wise.
Okay so K30 has new upgradable feature that I need to downgrade

QuoteQuote:
By "see" do you mean that the camera isn't recognizing the focal length and giving you the F-- error? If so, try cleaning the lens contacts.
My bad description. I meant the exif data. The Kr records correct data and I can see lens information in the management tool (It's digikam / Linux). This is not true for K30 when I see "lens: unavailable" I guess this is probaly due to . the .DNG format.

Btw, I don't see a way to select ".PEF" format. There is only .DNG for K30 while I can use .PEF or .DNG on Kr
09-18-2013, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #4

.PEF isn't available on K30 as far as i know.
I probably got a similar problem with the exif data. Lightroom doesn't recognize my Sigma 70 300 DG OS. The Lens ID is still in the exif data, but the camera didn't write the corresponding name. You can verify this with exiftool.

A simple (batch) script to see all data exif tool can read: (As a Linux user you are probably command line proven and will now how to adapt to your system
QuoteQuote:
"B:\Programme\exiftoolgui\exiftool.exe" -s -G1 -u -H -a -ee %1 > "b:\exiftooloutput.txt" |clip
start notepad "b:\exiftooloutput.txt"
*echo Ende