03-27-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Which Optio has the best lens?
thanks
barondla
Barondla, you need to give a lot more information for a question like that! I, for example, do not own, and will not purchase, any camera that has a wide angle field of view less than the equivalent of 28mm on a 35 mm film body - about 18mm on a digital. I don't own an optio, but I do have an IQZoom 120SW which does 28-120 mm on film. This usually sits in the console in our truck "just in case."
03-28-2008, 05:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Those film P&S cameras are great. Don't really care what the zoom range is so much as the lens with the best quality. I don't care for 28mm much at all. Now 24 is good. Not going to find that on a P&S.
Tried some of the "Altoid can" Optios a few years ago.They were great little cameras but had a hard time getting shots focused at infinity. The Z10 surprised me with the much greater sharpness at infinity. This with a 7X zoom instead of a 3X. No tricks aim it and the shot is sharp.
thanks
barondla