Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #1

MX-1 — Silver vs. Black: Same brassing effects?

New Pentax user here, first post.

I just picked up an MX-1 off an Amazon marketplace seller for $300. I'm happy with the camera all around, and am occasionally blown away by the quality of the images for a camera of its class.

My question is, will the silver also exhibit the brassing effect of the black model? I know that, even if it does, it will be less noticeable than the black version. But my question is more specifically, will it do it at all? Because I'm a curious bastard (it's gotten me into a lot of trouble), I took a metal brush and scraped some of the bottom of the silver cap, right underneath the screen. I didn't see any golden hues beneath—just looked like I scraped something silver.

Anyone know? Better yet, anyone else have a silver version and took any similar liberties with theirs?

10-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the construction is painted brass, eventually exposed corners will brass. This is also true for plated brass, though somewhat less so. Much depends on the thickness of the plating.

Steve