Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by G.T Quote
I could, as I was driving That was a cool song, too.

Well at least you weren't texting while drinving

QuoteOriginally posted by pntx Quote
Good find and a great image in it's own right, pntx.

11-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #32

Original Poster
Oi G.T and pntx, good ones!

Snapping photos while driving takes skill, nice hehe. I recently shot the sunset while driving, I hope it comes out okay because it was a long-ish lens. I'm almost certain it will come out blurred hehe.

Starry Night feels ironic with such a dark sky. Cool song, too
11-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #33

Might as well use this one.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/biq2BCYPXBprjz-X0N9Xq20cirZk90t76AZM6S...full-exif=true

Just realized the GR breaks the rules, sorry. Mods can delete. Thanks
11-23-2013, 05:47 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Ah. too bad.
Cool song and image.

11-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #35

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BeerCan Quote
Might as well use this one.
THIS OLD HOUSE by STUART HAMBLEN

Just realized the GR breaks the rules, sorry. Mods can delete. Thanks
Damn, what a shame, it is a cool image. I didn't realize some compact cameras would break the rules either. I personally think that camera is acceptable, I mean it's a fixed-lens compact, and I assumed the rule regarding sensors was to exclude ILCs.. but then again, the Q is allowed..

Mod(s), if you're out there, listening, do you think we could bend/change the rules to allow compacts even with larger sensors as long as they're compacts and non-ILCs?
I hate bringing up a debate to the contest, but this rule is excluding the Fuji X100/S, the Ricohs, the Canon Gs, and the Sony RX100 is in the tightrope.. I've seen the MX-1 outperform the X-20 for example, so perhaps we could makes the exceptions of small sensor but allow changing lenses for the Q, and fixed lens but large sensor for the GR/X100s/G15..
I don't know if these examples justify modifying the rules, but allowing more [compact] cameras means more participants in the contests.. and since I'm new here I really don't know how the rules came to be and there could be a reason beyond what I'm looking at. So, mods, can the fundamental rules be revised, please? [or does anyone know if I should post this in its own thread?]
11-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #36
Pentaxian

FoTom,

This has nothing to do with the mods.
You run the contest and you decide on the rules. As will the winner you select for the next contest.
Just one remark : the rules as they stand now have been discussed ad nauseam some time ago. They are somewhat of a consensus that was reached by a great number of participants.
I am of course talking about what cameras are allowed.

On a personal note, I would find that the rules can hardly be changed once the contest is started.

But of course, it's all up to you

QuoteOriginally posted by FoTom Quote
Damn, what a shame, it is a cool image. I didn't realize some compact cameras would break the rules either. I personally think that camera is acceptable, I mean it's a fixed-lens compact, and I assumed the rule regarding sensors was to exclude ILCs.. but then again, the Q is allowed..

Mod(s), if you're out there, listening, do you think we could bend/change the rules to allow compacts even with larger sensors as long as they're compacts and non-ILCs?
I hate bringing up a debate to the contest, but this rule is excluding the Fuji X100/S, the Ricohs, the Canon Gs, and the Sony RX100 is in the tightrope.. I've seen the MX-1 outperform the X-20 for example, so perhaps we could makes the exceptions of small sensor but allow changing lenses for the Q, and fixed lens but large sensor for the GR/X100s/G15..
I don't know if these examples justify modifying the rules, but allowing more [compact] cameras means more participants in the contests.. and since I'm new here I really don't know how the rules came to be and there could be a reason beyond what I'm looking at. So, mods, can the fundamental rules be revised, please? [or does anyone know if I should post this in its own thread?]
11-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I "inadvertently" changed the rules once, and it started a big S#!$ Storm... I won't be making that mistake again any time soon.... LOL!

11-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #38

Original Poster
Alrighty then.. you're right, the rules have been set so maaaybe if I get to host another contest I'll allow other cameras in case no one else decides to include them. For this round, unfortunately, BeerCan's entry is disqualified.

What rule did you change? Allow full-frame dSLRs or what? Haha
11-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It wasn't so much about "what was allowed", it was more about "what wasn't allowed"...
11-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #40

Original Poster
Well, since they are not set in stone maybe they shouldn't make such a fuss hehe... oh well.

THREE more days to end this contest, people!!
11-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #41

Original Poster
Thirty-five minutes to end the competition!! [`ô°]
12-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #42

Original Poster
Okay, so no more entries haha. The winner [and next round host] will be announced shortly, along with the prize =]
12-04-2013, 04:50 AM   #43
Pentaxian

The suspense is killing us, FoTom
12-04-2013, 05:15 AM   #44
G.T
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
The suspense is killing us, FoTom
Well said, Bart. I feel impatient, I just can't wait for the results
12-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #45