Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help needed in a used Pentax Optio WPi

Hello all

My girlfriend went to garage ale and picked up number of used cameras. One was a Pentax Program Plus that works great once the batteries were replaced. The other Pentax camera is a Optio WPi compact point and shoot model. I was wondering how good it is. I need a battery charger to get it running. Ho well does the image sensor hold up. I have seen some older digital cameras image sensor blow out and had a Fuji S5000 do this as well after only 10,000 exposures. Also how long does the battery last before wears out.

I like the feel his Pentax and have hopes of it giving good results. Any feed back would be welcome! BTW it only cost $1.00!

11-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by stevbike Quote
Hello all

My girlfriend went to garage ale and picked up number of used cameras. One was a Pentax Program Plus that works great once the batteries were replaced. The other Pentax camera is a Optio WPi compact point and shoot model. I was wondering how good it is. I need a battery charger to get it running. Ho well does the image sensor hold up. I have seen some older digital cameras image sensor blow out and had a Fuji S5000 do this as well after only 10,000 exposures. Also how long does the battery last before wears out.

I like the feel his Pentax and have hopes of it giving good results. Any feed back would be welcome! BTW it only cost $1.00!
The wpi is an older model, with 6 megapixels I believe, but it certainly gets the job done when you're out swimming in the pool. You won't ever be afraid to break a $1 camera

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #3

Original Poster
I got an early Christmas present. It is a DIGIpower battery charger from The Source in Strathroy, ON. today. Needless to say, the camera powered up with no problem and it appears to be in good working order. Once the battery is fully charged I will start to put the camera through some test pictures to see just how well it works. It will be nice to have another Pentax in my fleet of cameras! There is an posteted requesting a free charged for the camera that will be taken down now.
12-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #4

Original Poster
Here is a sample picture from the Pentax Optio WPi camera.

Pentax Optio Picture Photo by Stevbike1 | Photobucket