Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Collectable Pentax Cameras

I just bought an old MX-4 for no particular reason other than it looked unique and the seller only asked $35 for it. This camera is truly mint. Is it a collectable with added value because it's so odd? Did I score some sort a bargain that can be re-sold for greater value? Because it's a really unusual camera. To me, anyway.

I have some others too, like a brand new 550. I mean, like, never used, Perfect. Is it still junk?

Or this rather odd looking tiny black I-10. I got it for $10, in the box, like it is brand new. It's a dull camera feature-wise, but it looks unique. Collectable?

Or are most digital cameras from the past ten or 15 years not really worth much yet in terms of collectable value?

Last edited by DavidSKAF3; 11-24-2013 at 08:19 AM.
11-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Consideration of future value is one reason I keep my Canon D30 around. That, and to compare it's immense size to each new acquisition. It's truly a museum piece, but probably only worth $5.

Last edited by jcdoss; 11-24-2013 at 09:37 AM.
12-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sounds like an interesting camera but like most digital cameras, they loss there value fast. It would be great to see it up and running to see the picture quality. I like to get older digital cameras to see the some design details on them and use them if they work!
12-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I sort of collect old digital cameras.

Some of them retain a decent value. Like the Nikon S10 VR. Or the Casio P700.

I was hoping this Pentax 750Z might be in the same class but evidently no.

Thanks for reading my thread!

Dave