Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2014, 04:05 PM   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Had a lot of fun with it today. I will say that even with the mobile LCD, it's still tough a lot of the time for me to compose with it. I think I'm just a VF guy, so not much that can be done about that. That little processing data delay while shooting RAW wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I instinctively would push a button to change a setting, and just had to remember to chill out for a second, and not push anything again, as it goes to the last button you pushed. So not too bad. I really like that you can shoot it wide open -- great DOF on a few of the shots. Overall, pretty happy with it. It will never replace my K-50, and I definitely don't see myself ever going to an LCD only rig (like a K-01), but I think it will serve it's purpose just fine. Here are a few shots. Intended on posting jpegs out of the camera, but forgot that I had it set to shoot in RAW, so I said screw it, and tweaked things like I normally do -- lol

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
08-31-2014, 11:49 PM   #92

Nice shots. I'd almost convinced myself I don't need an MX-1. Now I'm not so sure (again!).
09-01-2014, 02:32 AM   #93
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kentishrev Quote
Nice shots. I'd almost convinced myself I don't need an MX-1. Now I'm not so sure (again!).
Thanks. If you can find a good price, I would consider it. Haven't had it long enough to totally vouch for it, but there are some PF member who have made some great pictures with it.
09-01-2014, 06:42 AM   #94
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The MX-1 quickly became my always with me street camera, and I'm surprised at the quality you can get out of it. I'm happy with the purchase, and I didn't even get it at the rock-bottom pricing. I've even used it enough to get a touch of brassing!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
09-01-2014, 08:26 AM   #95
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm enjoying my MX-1 more each day.
After this morning's rain:

09-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #96
Pentaxian

Nice shots from the both of you. New toys are sure fun
09-14-2014, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #97
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Our dogwood is starting to show color already.
Shot this morning with my MX-1.

Crop of above.
09-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #98
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
Had a lot of fun with it today. I will say that even with the mobile LCD, it's still tough a lot of the time for me to compose with it. I think I'm just a VF guy, so not much that can be done about that. That little processing data delay while shooting RAW wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I instinctively would push a button to change a setting, and just had to remember to chill out for a second, and not push anything again, as it goes to the last button you pushed. So not too bad. I really like that you can shoot it wide open -- great DOF on a few of the shots. Overall, pretty happy with it. It will never replace my K-50, and I definitely don't see myself ever going to an LCD only rig (like a K-01), but I think it will serve it's purpose just fine. Here are a few shots. Intended on posting jpegs out of the camera, but forgot that I had it set to shoot in RAW, so I said screw it, and tweaked things like I normally do -- lol
Wonderful shots, the MX-1 is a pretty great little camera. BTW, funny to see your tag says Sumner...I grew up in Puyallup and work there now =).

09-16-2014, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bowdish67 Quote
Wonderful shots, the MX-1 is a pretty great little camera. BTW, funny to see your tag says Sumner...I grew up in Puyallup and work there now =).
Thank you
I grew up in Tacoma, and work in Seattle. Lived in Puyallup for a good chunk, as well. Can't believe we're still looking at 80 degrees for this weekend. Easily the nicest summer that I can remember.

Last edited by esrandall; 09-17-2014 at 10:46 AM.
09-17-2014, 04:18 PM - 1 Like   #100
Veteran Member

Just last week I got my MX-1. It was the store demo and got a good price for it. I am very happy with it even though I've not been able to get out much and shoot away. We are in the middle of a heavy rainy season, but anyway, I've managed to shoot something around.

First pic is my always reliable model, Otto... Second pic is a close up of the ]TV's remote on top of the MX1's owners manual, illuminated by a single LED for a book light.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
09-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #101
Pentaxian

@rburgoss -- beautiful dog for sure
09-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #102
Site Supporter

I agree.
I have my MX-1 with me at all times.
Grabbed this "selfie" or photo-bomb/photo-bronze at Stanford campus this weekend.

09-18-2014, 07:01 AM - 2 Likes   #103
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
@rburgoss -- beautiful dog for sure
Thank you! (He is gorgeous, isn't he?)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
09-19-2014, 10:50 PM   #104
Veteran Member

Looking for a grip for my MX-1. Any ideas?
10-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #105

QuoteOriginally posted by skism Quote
The MX-1 quickly became my always with me street camera, and I'm surprised at the quality you can get out of it. I'm happy with the purchase, and I didn't even get it at the rock-bottom pricing. I've even used it enough to get a touch of brassing!
Interesting I find it waaaaaaaay too slow for street photography. The delay between pressing shutter and image actually being taken feels like days. I tried to take a shot of someone one time and they were completely out of frame by the time the shutter actually fired

---------- Post added 04-10-14 at 23:57 ----------

by the way what is everyone else finding the exposure accuracy like ? Someone on another forum commented that theirs tends to almost always nail the exposure bang on. I, on the other hand, have to have exposure comp between 1 and 1/3rd stop to 2 stops under to get correct exposure.

What are you guys finding ?

Thanks