Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #106
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by judderman62 Quote
Interesting I find it waaaaaaaay too slow for street photography. The delay between pressing shutter and image actually being taken feels like days. I tried to take a shot of someone one time and they were completely out of frame by the time the shutter actually fired

---------- Post added 04-10-14 at 23:57 ----------

by the way what is everyone else finding the exposure accuracy like ? Someone on another forum commented that theirs tends to almost always nail the exposure bang on. I, on the other hand, have to have exposure comp between 1 and 1/3rd stop to 2 stops under to get correct exposure.

What are you guys finding ?

Thanks
2/3 stop for me nails it just about every time. I don't find the shutter to be particularly fast either, so just rely on it for stills. Mainly flowers and scenery -- especially flowers. I've gotten some nice shots flower/bee shots with it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
10-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #107

thanks for the reply ... guess it must just be inconsistencies from one batch to another. I do keep entertaining ideas of getting another as back up while there's still some around
10-04-2014, 05:06 PM   #108
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just got my MX-1 a few days ago. I really don't find the delay that much different that what you experience with many of these types of auto focus cameras. I have found that if I press the button half way, let the focus settle and then push the release the rest of the way the shutter releases almost instantly. If you press the button the whole way at once, then the camera has to do it's thing before snapping the photo.

All in all I am pretty pleased with the results I am getting with this little critter. It is a lot more fun than I though it would be. Not as good as my K5 or K5-IIs but it is pretty handy to have around. This is from today. It is a kettle hole in a local park called Mendon Ponds. The park encompasses is a treasure left over from the last ice age. Kettle holes, eskers. kames and even a few drumlins. This feature is called The Devil's Bathtub.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
10-04-2014, 05:19 PM   #109
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Very cool picture, and yes - this camera is indeed a lot of fun 😉

10-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #110
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The macro mode on this camera is amazing - the larger DOF that comes with a smaller sensor is great for getting more of the subject in focus while still letting in more light - this one was at f/4.0.