Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2014, 05:32 AM   #1
Pentaxian

MX-1 SR bug?

So I have disabled SR for every mode, even movie mode - which is how I like it. It's disabled everywhere I can find a setting for SR.
Switching to Movie mode on the dial works as expected, no SR.
Switching to Manual or other modes on the dial works as expected, no SR.
But... If I press the red Movie button in any mode other than Movie mode the damn SR is on!?!?

Is there no way to have the red movie button inherit the settings of Movie mode, or is this a bug that needs squashing??

01-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Technically, the SR should always be audible in movie mode since it needs to keep the sensor locked in place. But is it stabilizing the actual image?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Um, thanks. Not exactly the question asked. To simply, the SR appears to be automatically enabled when the red Movie record button is pressed while in any mode dial setting other than Movie mode (yes you can see the digital stabilization working and wrecking the image, which is why I always have SR off on all my cameras **unless I think I need it**)
01-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #4

On pages 116-7 in the manual, it states that "[Movie SR] (Movie Shake Reduction) is fixed to "On" " when the movie button is pressed from another mode. Dang, that's pretty disappointing.

01-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ah, I couldn't find that.
Well, that's just dumb. It should inherit the settings the user has made in Movie mode.
As I've said before, the MX-1 needs a firmware update, it's such a fine camera and deserves to have a few things tweaked.