Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2014, 11:07 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Compact Camera Post Processing Contest #20

Pentax Compact Camera Post Processing Contest #20
Hello from India! I'll do my best to keep up with all your entries, perhaps once or 2x per week. Everything where i am is sketchy for internet use. Show me what you can do with this one.

The Rules
1. Have Fun!
2. Use any Post Processing Software and techniques.
3. Entries will close on February 28, 2014 at midnite Goa India time.
4. Maximum image dimensions for entries are 1024x768 pixels
5. Max of 3 image entries per person. Entries may be withdrawn or changed
6. List software used, as well as your method, with your entry so we can all learn.
7. There are no limits or restrictions - make the subject image into whatever you want!
But please do not copy or alter other entries....
8. Contest winner determines the rules, selects theme, sets closing date, and judge’s the next competition.
9. Have Fun!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/7-pentax-compact-cameras/247177-pentax-co...#ixzz2sEgu5BaM

02-03-2014, 10:07 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do have to ask... where does an Olympus E-PL5 ILC fits in the "Pentax Compact" forum... it doesn't seem to be either...
02-03-2014, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

02-04-2014, 11:41 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Wow!

02-05-2014, 09:47 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I do have to ask... where does an Olympus E-PL5 ILC fits in the "Pentax Compact" forum... it doesn't seem to be either...
Re read rule #8. This is a post processing competition to learn new techniques, not image specific. As previously stated, i have limited access. No offense intended
02-05-2014, 09:48 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
todd... that's a great rendition! I and others would greatly appreciate info on your software and technique.
02-06-2014, 09:52 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Glad you like it. The above was just a quick hack job using gimp. Opened the two images and flipped the Greece shot horizontally (didn't really need to but it helped me visualize for some reason, maybe since it matched the left to right flow of your image). Then did selections of the pieces from your image that I wanted, one at a time and layered them in with some rotating/scaling/flipping as necessary then used layer masks to blend the pieces in. I know the daring Jason Bourne wanabee's in the foreground aren't scaled accurately but I wanted to be able to see the center house and stairs, so I made them a little smaller than I think they would naturally be at that position.
02-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #8
Pentaxian

I've just got my hands on Photoshop.
A daunting set of possibilities

I'll know what to do for the rest of the rainy season - between my day job chores of course

I just opened Pandora's box for a quick try and used nothing more than Filter gallery and inverting the image.

Next I added (back) some punch in LR. At least there, I more or less know what will happen when I move some sliders.

I'll try to come up with something more in the next tries

02-10-2014, 12:13 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
I've just got my hands on Photoshop.
A daunting set of possibilities

I'll know what to do for the rest of the rainy season - between my day job chores of course

I just opened Pandora's box for a quick try and used nothing more than Filter gallery and inverting the image.

Next I added (back) some punch in LR. At least there, I more or less know what will happen when I move some sliders.

I'll try to come up with something more in the next tries
Bart... Great entry. Looking forward to more now that you have Pshop

---------- Post added 02-10-2014 at 01:14 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
Glad you like it. The above was just a quick hack job using gimp. Opened the two images and flipped the Greece shot horizontally (didn't really need to but it helped me visualize for some reason, maybe since it matched the left to right flow of your image). Then did selections of the pieces from your image that I wanted, one at a time and layered them in with some rotating/scaling/flipping as necessary then used layer masks to blend the pieces in. I know the daring Jason Bourne wanabee's in the foreground aren't scaled accurately but I wanted to be able to see the center house and stairs, so I made them a little smaller than I think they would naturally be at that position.
Thanks for the pp info.
02-22-2014, 02:16 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Looks like very little interest, but still time for entries
02-22-2014, 03:24 AM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Looks like very little interest, but still time for entries
Ivoire, it looks like the image link to the original is missing on the first post. That might be slowing things down...
02-23-2014, 02:11 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jmschrei Quote
Ivoire, it looks like the image link to the original is missing on the first post. That might be slowing things down...

For the original image, I understand ivoire has very limited access to the
internet. So, I thought I could post a link. It would of course be better if the original post could be edited.

Link: http://bart.zenfolio.com/img/s8/v74/p761970578.jpg

I hope you don't mind, ivoire. Otherwise, just let me know.
At least on this forum, we can edit our own posts

---------- Post added 23rd Feb 2014 at 10:11 ----------

Well, since I already had the file saved, that didn't stop me.

For my 2nd entry, I fell back to DxO FilmPack4.
As the name indicates, the basis of this software is set of analogue film emulations.
Next to that, lots of the image properties can be manipulated.
Also includes, textures, border, "light leaks".
Quite fun actually and I use it mostly for the b&w film emulations.

For the 3rd entry, I went back to PS.
I barely scratched the surface there but I used this as a learning example
Really crude attempt at cloning, masked a bit by adding a layer with Analog efex from Nik.

02-23-2014, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter

Thanks for posting a link to the shot Bart. I guess that means I ought to enter!

Here are two takes for now.
An antique sepia version courtesy of Silver Efex and enhanced colour and detail courtesy of Color Efex and
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-PL5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-PL5  Photo 
02-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks Bart for posting the link, I like the dxo rendition... Lots of difficulty here. The local cafe lost their server and i usually have to wait in line for a computer.

@jmschrei... great entries.I like the conversions you've done.
02-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #15
Pentaxian

My pleasure

The sepia treatment works really well, Joe!