Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2014, 08:45 PM   #1

Pentax WG-3 GPS LCD loupe

Hey Pentaxians, This is my first post. I'm a music teacher and fly fishing guide.
I've long been a fan of pentax. My first was a W90 optio. That particular camera currently resides somewhere in the river. So I upgraded to a Pentax K20 for my fishing/client pictures. Which I used for about a year and loved. I sold it off so that I can begin saving for a K3 which will be my next purchase. Currently I just got the Pentax WG-3 GPS. I'm trying to optimize my pictures that I take out on the water. I've ordered a metal leica style 46mm lens hood to attach to my macro stand to try and reduce flare. This camera is a huge leap forward from the W90. Anyway to my question I find myself many times wanting to take pictures of a clients fish in the bright sun and I maybe wearing sunglasses when I do. I'm wondering if there is a LCD LOUPE viewfinder that would fit the lcd screen so, I could use when it's really bright and still check that my exposures are correct for capturing images of trophy fish. It seems the lcd screen is not standard size. I wonder if ricoh would consider making a viewfinder/loupe accessory that could be used with a magnetic adhesive plate such as vivitar such as the one here
Thanks,
I've been lurking here a while and figured it was time to get involved.

mcfaddenjosh

03-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not that I know of. The LCD is 16:9 and not 4:3 like most DSLR screens, but I'm sure that there's some sort of shade that will fit it, just not that high-tech.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-09-2014, 10:44 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply,

Can anyone recommend a stand alone charger for the D Li92 batteries? I can tell from just the initial charging session it's going to be wear and tear on the seals that I'd rather not deal with to charge it in camera.
I have turned off the gps functionality as I don't really need it or want to know exactly where my pictures are taken. Nor do I want anyone else to be able to figure out the best spots to go fishing by my posting pictures. However I like the possibility of being able to charge it (Qi) if that ever comes into fruition or not.
Thanks
03-09-2014, 11:20 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can use any Qi charger, they've been out for a while already:

Amazon.com: PowerBot

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-09-2014, 11:41 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by mcfaddenjosh Quote
Thanks for the reply,

Can anyone recommend a stand alone charger for the D Li92 batteries? I can tell from just the initial charging session it's going to be wear and tear on the seals that I'd rather not deal with to charge it in camera.
I have turned off the gps functionality as I don't really need it or want to know exactly where my pictures are taken. Nor do I want anyone else to be able to figure out the best spots to go fishing by my posting pictures. However I like the possibility of being able to charge it (Qi) if that ever comes into fruition or not.
Thanks
Pentax D-Li92 Battery Charger
Input Voltage (AC): 100-240V 50-60HZ
Car Input Voltage (DC): 12-24V
Output Voltage: 4.2V/8.4V
Output Current: 600mA
Dimensions: 1.86 x 3.33 x 1.50 Inch
Weight: 2.5oz (85g), Color: Black
03-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #6

Original Poster
A few accesories i've purchased are a nikon 46mm filter kit with cpl,nd4,nd8,and uv. And a 46mm screw mount lens hood. There's some fringing on the lens hood when shooting pics at wide angle but if you zoom past 1.2x zoom it's gone. It does not appear in any videos at wide angle i suppose it uses less of the sensoe eliminating it. The cpl is great for cutting glare off the water to see underwater structure and fishand i got the lens hood to try and cut back some of the glare issues pas have always given me. The nd4 works really well when shooting in bright sun to bring some color back into the sky
Attached Images