Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 09:26 AM   #1
Forum Member

Optio W30 Questions

Racer gave me an Opotio W30 for Christmas a few years ago, and I admit that it has not seen much use. But I am planning a trip soon and want to take it along and record all the boring moments to have something to pester Racer with when I get home. He says the people here are great, and very helpful, and someone here should know the answers to my questions.

I have looked and cannot find the maximum SD memory card size for this camera anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find it, or does anyone know what the maximum size is?

Also, Racer says I should update the firmware, but that is another thing I seem to be having trouble finding. He made me got to the Pentax web site, and I did, but all that is available there are the manuals.

Does that mean there is no firmware for the camera?

Thanks for you help.

Mrs. Racer.

03-11-2014, 09:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter

The biggest I have tried in my W30 is 2GB, but the camera is supposed to support SDHC cards - which should mean up to 32GB, I believe. Can try with a 16GB SDHC card later.

And I've never found any firmware updates for this camera, so can't help you there.
03-11-2014, 11:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Yep, my W30 seems to accept the 16GB SDHC card without any problems. It reports room for 8633 pictures. I'm not sure I'd want that many pictures on one card, though - it's an awful lot of pictures to lose if a card goes bad on you.
03-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
I'm not sure I'd want that many pictures on one card, though - it's an awful lot of pictures to lose if a card goes bad on you.
Good advice. Maybe get a few 8 gb cards instead of one huge one.