Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2014, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice work from everyone! the competitions is heating up.

A bnw with nik silver efx

04-07-2014, 10:35 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great b&w, ivoire!
Those birds do wonders in monochrome as well.
04-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Yes, I'm loving all these different interpretations. I can already tell it's NOT going to be easy at all, to have to pick just one winner.

And I (and I'm sure others) appreciate those who are taking some time take us through their PP process!
04-29-2014, 08:28 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
There's still time to get those entries in! Tomorrow's the last day!

04-30-2014, 05:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Great b&w, ivoire!
Those birds do wonders in monochrome as well.
Thanks Bart.... I see this routinely in Florida. Just not the same without birds
04-30-2014, 06:33 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
There's still time to get those entries in! Tomorrow's the last day!
I am afraid this month has gotten away from me with massive upheavals at work and I don't think I will be able to have a go at this excellent image this time around. Sorry...
05-02-2014, 07:17 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sorry it took me an extra day but it's been very difficult to pick one!

Everyone's submissions were a great improvement over the original and turned it into a picture worth showing! So thanks to all who participated!

todd - You started by setting the bar high and everybody that came after had to put their game on. You did a great job bringing out the colors and the perspective, as well as giving the picture a serene look with your crop.

ivoire's 1st - this was a bold statement! I really enjoyed the warm interpretation and the birds!

Bart - each one of your interpretations brought a different mood and they were all very well done!

So the last 3 ended up being the best one, subjectively in my opinion of course

3rd place - Mooey
Tomorrow I might regret this and wish I had picked this one as the winner! Seriously, there's hardly anything between these pictures. I kept going back and forth between all 3. I love the colors, the blue cast makes the water and the wood look beautiful and the sky just striking. The sharpening you did worked very well.

2nd place - ivoire's 2nd
The B&W version you did is just cracking. The birds, of course, are also a great added feature. I didn't think I'd like a B&W interpretation of this picture as much as I ended up liking yours! It could have been the winner as well...

1st place - ghl
You took the colors to a new level with your interpretation! And while everybody took the time to "clean up the poop", you were the only one (I think) that bothered to fix the horizon. And the colors are just beautiful - you managed to put a warm cast over everything yet still brought out the blue sky and blue reflections. And while doing all that, the picture still has a very natural look to it.

Thanks to everyone who participated!

05-02-2014, 07:24 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Congrats to ghl on a fine entry, to the rest of the entrants and ChristianRock for running the competition.
05-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #24
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Well done ghl
05-02-2014, 08:37 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So, ghl doesn't receive private messages - the instructions on how to set up a new challenge are on the first post of this thread, as well as the information on using the mediafire account that was set up for the PP challenges.
ghl, if you have any questions, post them here I guess.
Thanks!
05-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

congrats all! that was a great choice for an image to edit, CR. thanks for hosting. see y'all at the next round.
05-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Congratulations, Mooey, ivoire and especially ghl of course!

Thanks, ChristianRock for hosting and providing a great image to work on!
05-02-2014, 01:01 PM   #28
ghl

Wow, I haven't won anything since I won coloring contest when I was four!

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

It was a fun picture to work on. I really liked some of the B&W versions too and messed around a little in that direction, but the colors in the clouds and near water always brought me back to the color version.

Thanks again, everyone, and Christian, let your wife know she took a very nice photo.

I'll try to have something up by this evening, and if not by then, then for sure this weekend.