Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
04-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
chickentender - it's funny you say that, because I think it's the perfect "wife" camera* and I think I will give my wife one when I can swing one...

(*) this is a rough generalization for those of us with wives that are not interested in the technical aspects of photography - like my wife, who wants great looking jpg files right out of the camera, and isn't interested in learning any settings or in changing lenses. I know you ladies who can handle a DSLR, just as well or even better than most men!

04-07-2014, 03:12 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
... not interested in the technical aspects of photography - like my wife, who wants great looking jpg files right out of the camera, and isn't interested in learning any settings or in changing lenses.
that's it exactly... She used to take photos and occasionally does still on her iPhone, but generally when we're together (and she's said as much) she doesn't bother because "well, you take so many great photos". I'll be honest though, it irritates my family that I'm not IN any photos, or very few at least. She became interested in earnest when she saw me explaining some of it to our neighbor-friend, and then saw the photos she started getting out of it after that 10 minute tutorial and suddenly said "well maybe i should get one of those....".
:-D
04-07-2014, 03:19 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

My wife is a bit different. She wants to take pictures - she just doesn't want the DSLR work. "Why can't they just make a camera that zooms in and out easily, and takes great pictures that I can post to facebook right away without you having to do that crap with that special program first? Something better than that little Sony you got years ago"

Ta-da: MX-1
04-07-2014, 03:44 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You guys are hilarious. This is actually a great "husband" camera. One of the reasons I bought it was so that my hubby could back me up when we go to beautiful places or family events. I can have my K-30 (I own exactly zero automatic lenses) and I can hand him the MX-1. Plus, like you say, then maybe I can show up in a picture or two, too! :-)

04-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
You guys are hilarious. This is actually a great "husband" camera. One of the reasons I bought it was so that my hubby could back me up when we go to beautiful places or family events. I can have my K-30 (I own exactly zero automatic lenses) and I can hand him the MX-1. Plus, like you say, then maybe I can show up in a picture or two, too! :-)
This needs to be augmented to mean "great camera for less-photography-inclined-significant-other"!!
04-08-2014, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by chickentender Quote
This needs to be augmented to mean "great camera for less-photography-inclined-significant-other"!!
I agree.

Or, we can just say we know who wears the pants in the severalsnakes household... JUST KIDDING
04-08-2014, 04:53 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
I agree.

Or, we can just say we know who wears the pants in the severalsnakes household... JUST KIDDING
"Happy wife, happy life!" My baby knows it.

Plus, I wear skirts pretty much every day, truth be told.

04-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I just discovered High Speed movie setting
It's 120fps but only records for 15secs at a time. Funny thing is it also records audio, which is quite freaky.
Shame it's not SD resolution though, 640x480 isn't very usable these days.
04-09-2014, 07:08 AM   #24
Veteran Member

I recently sold my Panasonic LX7, a very similar camera, an have seller's remorse. It's taking every ounce of strength to resist the MX-1. If they had it in black for $199, I fear that I'd cave and then do my level best to brass it.
04-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #25
Forum Member

I just bought the silver version of the MX-1 and like it very much. It focuses very fast. (But not quite as fast as my Canon G16). I think the best thing I like about the MX-1 is the ultra super close macro mode. For the low price, I would say you need to get it.

Eddie
04-11-2014, 10:42 PM - 3 Likes   #26
Forum Member

Pimped my MX-1

I don't want to influence anyone here who is on the fence but, I put this Aki-Asahi skin on tonight and now I can't stop looking at my MX-1!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M5  Photo