Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
She only shoots jpeg, and I have heard that the jpeg engine is really really good in the mx-1.
The MX-1 shoots raw as PEF or DNG, plus JPG. But the jpg's are so good It is my strong belief that there is no need to shoot RAW with this little beast. Pictures come out beautiful and when you dare to pass an "auto adjust levels" in photoshop or lightroom, you will be surprised that most of the time, "nothing happens".

It is too bad the MX-1 got discontinued. It could easily become a "cult" camera, as the Rollei 35S from the 70's.

12-05-2014, 08:38 AM   #17

MX-1 is a great camera! Small enough to carry anywhere, wide angle to telephoto zoom, and the macro is fantastic! With the small sensor you get a much larger DOF at small apertures which is a big plus!
12-06-2014, 01:16 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rburgoss Quote
The MX-1 shoots raw as PEF or DNG.
Only DNG, not PEF.
12-06-2014, 08:51 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Only DNG, not PEF.
You are right. My mistake. No PEF format.

Which ny the way, I find that is almost "not needed" with the MX-1 due to the great quality of its JPG's, but also turns the camera a bit slow from the extra time it takes to record RAW image, before you can shoot the next picture.

12-06-2014, 12:32 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rburgoss Quote
...also turns the camera a bit slow from the extra time it takes to record RAW image, before you can shoot the next picture.
Mine is always set to RAW. Writing (recording) doesn't prevent me shooting another picture.
JPEG is roughly twice as fast in normal continuous shooting mode than RAW, though.