Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2014, 07:57 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
City of Night ...

Buffalo, NY has a one day festival called City of Night every year. It's held in several of the old grain elevators that dot our waterfront. The festival is a celebration of art & music, and food trucks and cold beverages add to the fun. At night the grain elevators are lit up with spotlights, hence the festivals name. It's a great opportunity to visit inside the elevators and get a glimpse of Buffalo's industrial past.

My MX-1 in it's cheapo retro case from eBay drew a few looks and questions. Most didn't even know Pentax still made cameras, but were impressed with this "little brick's" feel and image quality. When I told folks what I paid for the camera ($199) they liked it even more. I enjoy my MX-1 when I feel like traveling light and am very happy to own one.

Last edited by zman; 01-21-2017 at 06:47 AM.
06-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like a fun time. Nice set of images.
06-30-2014, 04:53 AM   #3

Wow...how Buffalo is changing. I hardly recognize it any more
I grew up there (born1954) .What a great place and time to grow up in. Some called it "the armpit of the east". Buffalonians knew better!
Nice sharp photos. Now how about following up with some fromShakespere On The Lawn, or Taste of Buffalo?

Thanks for sharing,
Deb