Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2014, 08:21 AM - 2 Likes   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for your contributions, lets wrap this and announce a winner so we can get a new contest going.

First my humble impressions of the entries:

John5100: Redux - Excellent perspective on this race car, and the B&W treatment works well here. I struggle with getting interesting shots of automobiles, you have done well here.

G.T.: Racing Porsche - I like the capture of the speed of these cars with the slight blur, and the off balance angle gives the sense of the g forces the driver must be feeling rounding that bend. Nice job.

Todd: Watching the fisherman - I like the colors in the rocks and the total depth of field that you've captured in this shot. The struggle the fisherman is having with his catch is easily seen, and the sense of awe from the little boy is captured well in this angle. Beautiful.

Patrick9: Old garage and foliage - a fine interpretation of the topic, as the structure does seem to be in a fight for its life. I can almost see that the struggle is lost; if you peer through the opening on the bottom right it appears the foliage is already inside and what is left is just a shell. Fine work in this capture.

chemtech:Fishy competition - Truly a competition going on here with the fish all vying for the pellets. I've witnessed such displays in the past and the action and desperation is captured well in your shot.

Jacquot : Art progression - Another excellent interpretation of the theme, with the shapes and colors vying for your attention and to figure out which way the progressions travel. The addition of the mirrors which I did not notice until later adds to the confusion. Well done.

barondla: Fur vs feathers - nice capture of this standoff, makes one anticipate what happens next. The little bird seems like David against the squirrel Goliath, good capture.

And the winner is : Chemtech's feeding koi fish. The blend of colors and action really caught my attention. Congratulations and thanks you to all for participating.

I will PM Chemtec so a new contest can be initiated. Cheers!

08-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great photos and assessment. Congratulations to Chemtec!
08-02-2014, 04:35 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations Chemtec
08-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Super competition. Congratulations to chemtech. Thanks to crewl1 for running the contest and giving impressions of the entries. Can't wait to see what chemtech comes up with for #81.
thanks
barondla