Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2014, 07:03 AM   #1

MX-1 on location Bermuda

Just returned from a 7-day cruise to Bermuda. Decided to take the MX-1 as a P&S camera rather than the larger K-30, also took a WG-3 for some beach shots. I only recently purchased the MX-1 new for $199 so a real bargain in my view. I ditched the neck strap for a simple wrist strap, so all very discrete when walking about. I mostly used the Auto Pict setting or the SCN setting on sun/surf, capturing the dolphins jumping I used Tv mode 1/1000. Timer was very useful for selfies as was the tilting display. I saved files in .jpg and RAW and didn't find the data writing delay an issue as I was normally focused on composing the next shot. The sun was very intense to say the least, as you can see by the shutter speeds in auto mode. took about 500 snaps using two batteries. I wish that the MX-1 had in camera USB charging like the WG-3, a little more convenient that the external charger.

Here are a few shots with minimal PP. The gun at the Royal Navy Dockyard I converted to monochrome and Rose Dale house I tilted to vertical and changed to monochrome. I was hoping to convert it to HDR using Silkypix 3.0 LE software. Q: Does the supplied version have this feature?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 

Last edited by ExpatKiwi; 07-26-2014 at 07:09 AM.
07-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lovely photos. It's a very capable camera. Too bad it's been underappreciated in its day, but I think it will be more sought-after after the supply dries up and more people realize its virtues, especially that nice lens.
07-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #3

Very crisp, and nicely saturated photos. Thanks for sharing.