Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
09-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I go out on my kayak as a way of fighting stress (job, wife's job & depression, those sort of fun things...). This was just a snap of a lovely setting Sunday afternoon as I was out fishing (not catching, sadly) for salmon. Not bad for a phone gimme, as it turned out (Droid Ultra). Just ran it thru a noise reduction filter, cropped some foreground, and resized in PS Elements 6.

Jim

09-30-2014, 11:34 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is a cropped photograph from a few years ago. It is an early morning photo taken from Little Round Top overlooking part of the Gettysburg Battlefield. The camera was a Canon PowerShot A590 IS. This was just before sunrise on what was to be a hot humid day.

09-30-2014, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jacquot Quote

Fuji X10
QuoteOriginally posted by GateCityRadio Quote
These are all with the Pentax MX-1. I don't use this camera very much, but when I do I am amazed by what the little sensor in it can do. Its a great alternative to a DSLR when you want to travel light.

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
I go out on my kayak as a way of fighting stress (job, wife's job & depression, those sort of fun things...). This was just a snap of a lovely setting Sunday afternoon as I was out fishing (not catching, sadly) for salmon. Not bad for a phone gimme, as it turned out (Droid Ultra). Just ran it thru a noise reduction filter, cropped some foreground, and resized in PS Elements 6.

Jim
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
This is a cropped photograph from a few years ago. It is an early morning photo taken from Little Round Top overlooking part of the Gettysburg Battlefield. The camera was a Canon PowerShot A590 IS. This was just before sunrise on what was to be a hot humid day.
Beautiful last day entries!
barondla is going to have a difficult time
10-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Winners of Point & Shoot Contest #82

These masterfully captured images are all superb. It was a very difficult contest to judge. I spent a lot of time studying each image. I would flip back and forth on the winners and their award placement. Finally made my final picks.

3rd place.....Piotrek K.

"Head On Butterfly". Incredible technical achievement. The details are amazing. So sharp. The colors really pop. I have to try this with the Q.

2nd place..... PNTX.

"Birds Down Low". Love the dramatic, low level viewpoint. The composition amps up the energy in this image. Not an easy angle to shoot from. You really worked for this one.

1st place..... Bart.

"Gent". Wonderful B&W fits the subject perfectly. The composition is spot on. Your B&W processing makes it sing. This should be hanging on your wall!

so many other great photos. Everyone should be proud. All are enlargement candidates! Thanks to everyone for your participation and look forward to contest # 83.

Your up Bart.
thanks
barondla

Sorry to find two of our photographers battling burnout and depression. I hope life eases up a bit, the colors pop again, and joy finds you.

10-02-2014, 09:39 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Congratulations, to Piotrek K. and PNTX and indeed, all who participated!

Thank you, barondla for picking my entry from Gent!
I'm honored!
And thanks for hosting the 82nd contest.
I'll setup #83.
10-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Congratus to Bart! And to Piotrek and PNTX as well! Great pictures, guys! And thanks to barondla for a great job judging as always.
10-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #37
Pentaxian

Thank you, Christian. Appreciated!

Point and Shoot Competition #83 is now up.

Hope to see you all over there

10-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #38

oh wow im suprised and honored that one of my pics came out in 2nd place, there are so many good images in this thread!

i agree with barondla the winning photo is stunning, and so are Bart's other two btw, congratulations
10-02-2014, 07:37 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations to Bart, Piotrek and PNTX! The winning image had such great detail and perspective. Way to go, Bart!

Thank you, Barondla for a hosting a great competition and for all the work that went into judging it.
10-02-2014, 10:38 PM   #40
Pentaxian

Thanks, pntx and chemtech!
10-17-2014, 02:53 PM   #41
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations to the Winner, and PNTX. Well, I'm really suprised that my Q shot came in 3rd place. I'm honored and happy - seems it makes sense to improve my q macro setup (and skills of course).
10-18-2014, 06:33 AM   #42
Pentaxian

Thank you, Piotrek.

Why not join us in Point and Shoot contest #83
A good opportunity to hone your skills with the Q
11-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #43
Forum Member

11-02-2014, 12:56 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Hi tootal2.

That is a great image! Colours and detail.

However, these competitions usually run for a month.
This one has been closed since September 30th.
The following one - #83 - was ended on October 31st.
A new one - #84 - will open soon. You will find it in this part of the forum: Pentax Compact Cameras - PentaxForums.com