Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2014, 05:26 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote
Glad to see the entries flowing in.

Please don't forget to mention the camera used and additional info on shutter speed, aperture, iso is always welcome as well.

I can follow the link to look for the info or use an exif reader but it's easier for everyone to have the info available in the post.

In this context, are you sure ivoire, you consider this camera a point and shoot?
Didn't look before posting and memory failure said it was DP2M (I shot with both the RX1 and DP2M on the same outing). After looking at the rules it's questionable under the "exceptions" but I'm gonna withdraw the image and a new one is in its place

10-05-2014, 06:29 AM   #17

In this context, are you sure ivoire, you consider this camera a point and shoot?
yes, i was wondering if this camera qualifies as a point and shoot, because i made a nice autumn shot with one last year that i would love to post here
10-05-2014, 06:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Regine Quote
yes, i was wondering if this camera qualifies as a point and shoot, because i made a nice autumn shot with one last year that i would love to post here
Based on the rule exceptions it does IMO qualify and on reviews it is often called a "full frame point n shoot". It's up to the "judge" to rule on what's acceptable based on 'Rule #7' (my favorite) and I got the impression Bart politely inferred I should make the decision. There was a long ago somewhat heated debate on what constitutes a PnS that no one cares to resurrect. You can always post it here as a entry and let Bart decide or as a non-entry. I'd like to see it.
10-05-2014, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #19

Autumn 2013

i borrowed my friend's Sigma DP2m, and the amount of detail in the photos the camera makes is just crazy. As discussed above, not sure it matches the criteria of this competition i think it is a wonderful camera, just a little bit misunderstood sometimes i think

Exif: f/2.8, 30mm, 1/30, ISO100

Attached Images

10-05-2014, 07:14 AM - 1 Like   #20
Veteran Member

Have to agree with you on the DP2M, my main "PnS" and will be around for a long time. Since the DP2M was allowed in previous competitions I'm entering images again. Here's my 3rd f4, 1/250, 100iso.

[IMG][/IMG]

As an aside, I like Barts images for the "feel of fall" more than my entries. His camera has a 10 megapixel, 1/2.33-inch CCD sensor which IMO shows that the camera is not the deciding factor in these competitions.

Last edited by ivoire; 10-05-2014 at 07:28 AM.
10-05-2014, 08:06 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Beautiful entries, ivoire and Regine! Really fitting for this Autumn contest.

Some contests ago, the Ricoh GR and the Sigma Merrills were indeed accepted under the exception as fixed lens cameras, rangefinder and viewfinder style and I have no problem with that.

I agree that the camera in itself is not the deciding factor. Certainly not when only viewing at 1024x768.

The RX1 on the other hand would be stretching this exception a bit in my view.
So, thanks ivoire for replacing the entry.
10-05-2014, 08:14 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Beautiful entries, ivoire and Regine! Really fitting for this Autumn contest.

Some contests ago, the Ricoh GR and the Sigma Merrills were indeed accepted under the exception as fixed lens cameras, rangefinder and viewfinder style and I have no problem with that.

I agree that the camera in itself is not the deciding factor. Certainly not when only viewing at 1024x768.

The RX1 on the other hand would be stretching this exception a bit in my view.
So, thanks ivoire for replacing the entry.
Thanks Bart and replacement was not a problem... my relatives and friends say i have a reputation for being disruptive. I occasionally work on keeping it in check

10-08-2014, 06:34 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good idea for a theme, Bart!
This will have to do for my first entry as there is still lots of green around here at present. Maybe some ghosts and goblins will be found before the end of the contest
A pano crop, with a Lightroom split tone, from last October out at the wildlife refuge. Panasonic FZ150 and polarizer just before sunset.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DMC-FZ150  Photo 
10-09-2014, 11:13 AM - 1 Like   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That will certainly do
Wonderful autumn light and colours, Edith.

Ghosts and Goblins are most certainly welcome as well of course.
10-10-2014, 07:34 AM - 2 Likes   #25
Pentaxian

The RZ18 came back from repair just in time for this month's contest... it's been a few months since I've been able to use that CCD sensor, but fall seems a good fit for it

10-10-2014, 09:38 AM - 2 Likes   #26
Pentaxian

Taken Oct 2012, a couple of months before the world ended on my Oly XZ-1 (f/8, 1/60, ISO 100), on a dreary soggy day down at the waterfront. I think I actually had the camera in my dive housing that day for rain protection...

Jim

Last edited by RoxnDox; 05-29-2015 at 04:54 PM.
10-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
The RZ18 came back from repair just in time for this month's contest... it's been a few months since I've been able to use that CCD sensor, but fall seems a good fit for it
CCD definitely has it's attractions!
Good entry with the fallen leaf agains the green branches, Christian.

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Taken Oct 2012, a couple of months before the world ended on my Oly XZ-1 (f/8, 1/60, ISO 100), on a dreary soggy day down at the waterfront. I think I actually had the camera in my dive housing that day for rain protection...

Jim
Glad to see an entry of the dreary aspects or autumn as well, Jim!
10-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #28
Pentaxian

CCD definitely has it's attractions!
Good entry with the fallen leaf agains the green branches, Christian.

Glad to see an entry of the dreary aspects or autumn as well, Jim!
I really like the days like that (sometimes). They can make wonderful images. It will be fun to see what I can do with my new WR K-30 this year

Jim
10-17-2014, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #29
Pentaxian

Such a pretty time of year, enjoying these entries! My first, using a 6x6 folding camera, Agfa Isolette, Reala film, cropped top and bottom for comp:

10-17-2014, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great photographs!
Here's #1 for me, iPhone 5c, Montreal at Mont Royal, October 16 in light rain.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 5c  Photo