Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Submerged the WG-20 Today

I was fooling around yesterday with my WG-20 setting it the rain soaked street and subjecting the bottom of the camera to some water, but less than an inch. Today I went to a nearby lake and dropped the camera in with 1-2 inches of water over the top of the camera. I set it to the 2 second delay so I could push the button and get away from shake when the shutter fired. It's a kick playing with a camera in water... I get the draw of the GoPro, etc. crowd.

Not an exciting pic, but proof it was submerged.

Definitely have to be a little careful when it comes time to open the camera to get to the memory card. You want to make sure there's no stray water around the could find it's way in after the door are opened. The WG-20 seems to deliver on its promise of working under water. Will have to play around with it in nicer weather or in a swimming pool.

Attached Images

Last edited by OrangeKx; 11-03-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Added text.
11-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to know it works!
11-03-2014, 12:39 PM   #3

that is awesome, and so brave! i have been thinking of doing such a thing... maybe when i have enough money to replace the camera when things go wrong
11-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #4
Site Supporter

It sounds like a lot of fun to experiment with water shots. Thanks, for sharing your results.

11-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That's a pretty cool shot! Thanks for posting it!
11-10-2014, 10:41 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

I've been using Pentax's waterproof p&s cameras since they came out with the WP back in 2004. Still have it along with a WPi, W30, and more recently a WG-2. All of them fully waterproof and all used underwater, including the WP which is 9 yrs old and still going strong.

Never had a problem of malfunction on any of them. They are great especially when you do not want to risk your expensive gear around water or under rainy conditions.

The only bad thing I've encountered about this cameras, is that going into the water (beach, river, pool, rafting, rain, storms, etc) is so "second nature", it is quite easy to forget your other gear (including smartphone!) is not waterproof or weather resistant and when you are not paying attention or just wandering around, all of a sudden you will find yourself swimming in the pool with your phone, wallet, car keys (alarm remote) in your pockets !!!!