Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
01-29-2015, 08:21 PM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I don't lend anything out. If you cannot buy one for yourself, what makes you think you can afford to replace mine when you break or lose it?

01-30-2015, 05:19 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
I don't lend anything out. If you cannot buy one for yourself, what makes you think you can afford to replace mine when you break or lose it?
It doesn't have to be that way... what if the person wants to switch to Pentax for example and just wants to see how the camera holds up to a day of use. Touching a camera in a store (if even that is possible) is one thing, shooting with it for a day is different. I probably wouldn't feel comfortable enough doing it, but it depends on the person. There are one or two that I would lend my current camera to, though I'd really prefer to be there too.
01-30-2015, 06:11 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
It doesn't have to be that way... what if the person wants to switch to Pentax for example and just wants to see how the camera holds up to a day of use. Touching a camera in a store (if even that is possible) is one thing, shooting with it for a day is different. I probably wouldn't feel comfortable enough doing it, but it depends on the person. There are one or two that I would lend my current camera to, though I'd really prefer to be there too.
Then we go shooting together and the camera never leaves my sight.
02-02-2015, 10:56 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I don't lend cameras, computers or any sensitive electronic gear. The local store has a 14 day return policy, I usually suggest people make use of that if they want to try something out. They tend to take better care of stuff they have paid for.

02-02-2015, 11:14 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A friend is someone you'd loan your motorbike to but who would never ask to borrow it.
02-03-2015, 01:36 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
A friend is someone you'd loan your motorbike to but who would never ask to borrow it.
It is very much a policy of motorcyclist to only loan a bike to someone who never asked - Ie "hey you want to take my bike for a spin?"
Cameras are much the same to me - unfortunately I like to make sure that people are equipt with the right gear when they do things... My camera has done 5 continents in the last 4 years. I have left the country once.
02-03-2015, 06:06 PM   #22
Pentaxian

I often borrow gear from a friend and he borrows from me. He is more fussy with books than camera gear. He would not lend me his bikes but has borrowed my car for a couple of days or a week.

But we trust each other and used to look after each other's dogs,

. That stopped due to all of them dying of old age.

Another friend lent me his Canon I converted camera to try out.

03-02-2015, 12:58 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kshapero Quote
Lent my MX-1 to a friend. He dropped it off totally filthy. What is the best way to clean smudges, dirt, etc. off a non WR camera?
I would find a new friend !