Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Ricoh WG-M1

Hey everyone,

I am looking for a small weather proof camera that will do video on a few family trips. I am currently enamored at the WG M1. I've read it doesn't do the latest and greatest - and that is fine. I haven't been doing video for a long time - so something is better than nothing.

I want something that will clip onto a backpack and be easily usable for quick videos. I know - go pro - the best. But those things are more expensive, and not near as sleek. I like the WG M1 for what it is.

Is the video good enough for just family videos (nothing close to pro)? I love the price of $150 is a great deal.

Has anybody used this?

02-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have one for review right now. Kind of a cumbersome form factor to hand hold and heavier than it looks.
Video looks pretty good and I think would be good enough for family videos. To hand hold it you need something like a little tripod to use like a pistol grip. I used an Ultrapod.
I'm taking it on vacation next week and will be posting a little article after that.

My initial feeling is that while not perfect, it would be worth its current price if you don't need the best quality for a wearable cam.