Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2015, 07:45 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
WG-3 or 4 LCD screen protector ?

My grandson inherited my WG-2 which had considerable light scratches on the LCD screen from routine use. I'm buying a WG-4 for myself and wonder if anyone has success finding a hard screen protector that will fit a WG 3/4 camera. The only product I can find are the film type protectors.
Thanks.

02-18-2015, 12:19 PM   #2
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

You might try this site. I think they custom make screen protectors, also. I have this brand on my camera and absolutely am 100% pleased!

ACMAXX LCD ARMOR
02-18-2015, 12:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The problem with a waterproof camera is that I don't think ACMAXX is waterproof... or depth proof...
02-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Ditto on the ACMAXX protectors. I have them on all of my DSLR screens and have yet to have a problem. Even looking at my K7, which has had one for over 5 years, the protector itself still looks brand new!

They also include a protector for the top LCD if you DSLR has one.

---------- Post added 02-18-15 at 12:30 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
The problem with a waterproof camera is that I don't think ACMAXX is waterproof... or depth proof...
Don't know why this would matter. Water splashes and wet weather have not affected mine at all.

02-18-2015, 12:34 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K(s)evin Quote
Don't know why this would matter. Water splashes and wet weather have not affected mine at all.

With a WG camera you can dive... I don't know how good is the ACMAXX for diving... or how would they resist against salty water and other stuff that are more extreme...
If that is not a concern, then it should be OK I guess.

WG cameras are already very rugged cameras. If only scratching is the issue, then the anti-scratch film might be the best option and the cheapest to replace if you need to.