QuoteOriginally posted by Bart Quote

Wonderful minimalistic composition.

Thank you!

03-27-2015, 09:05 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Great entries everyone. Still plenty of time to enter images. Show us what you have.
thanks
barondla
03-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
back when gas cost $1

Final 3rd entry for this contest in honor of my Fuji Finepix F700 which finally died this week.

A wonderful P&S camera that had an optical viewfinder, RAW ability, small but tough metal case. They don't make 'em like this anymore and will be sadly missed. It was always handy in my bag when I took a bicycle ride. That's when I found these old pumps at a deserted gas station.

Last edited by zman; 01-21-2017 at 06:48 AM.
03-28-2015, 09:32 PM - 1 Like   #64

everyday life

Last edited by pntx; 04-02-2017 at 07:32 PM.
03-29-2015, 06:27 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zman Quote
Final 3rd entry for this contest in honor of my Fuji Finepix F700 which finally died this week.

A wonderful P&S camera that had an optical viewfinder, RAW ability, small but tough metal case. They don't make 'em like this anymore and will be sadly missed. It was always handy in my bag when I took a bicycle ride. That's when I found these old pumps at a deserted gas station.
Really well fitting processing.

QuoteOriginally posted by pntx Quote
everyday life
Looks like everyday life is not uneventful at all
04-01-2015, 04:54 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
This was the hardest competition I have ever judged. So many freaking good images. You out did yourselves this time. Wow. This was tough.

honorable mentions to :
pntx Girl With Big Bow. She is so cute. You highlighted her cuteness perfectly. And that bow!
DJSponge Seattle Washington Mountains. Beautiful image with superb sky details and tonalities.
chubasco Close Up Portrait Of Friend. Lovely portrait. B&W works well.
rrodgers Tree Monster. Menacing and funny at the same time. Great vision to see this as you did.
Dlanor Sekao White Pocket Arizona. Almost hypnotic "circular" elements in the image. Creative landscape.

3rd place pntx Every Day Life. Perfect timing and dramatic subject. You worked the scene well to pull the elements together.

2nd place Zman Cannon Ball. Love the overhead view. Colors combine with a superb composition to portray a very lively image.

1st place MikePerham Bear In Tree. We don't see that many close up wildlife photos in these competitions.You had to think fast and react even quicker. What a surprise upon opening the door. Few wouldhave reacted to take the picture or would have been lucky to hold on to the camera. Mike, you have nerves of steel. Congratulations.

Thanks to everyone for entering the contest. These are incredible entries. Astounding what you guys wring from these compact cameras. Hope you enter the next contest.

Now MikePerham it is time for you to set up, run, and judge contest #89. Enjoy.
thanks
barondla
04-02-2015, 11:18 AM   #67
Pentaxian

Congratulations pntx, Zman and especially MikePerham!

Thanks, barondla for a great contest.

Looking forward to your competition, Mike!

04-02-2015, 02:01 PM   #68
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the mention, barondla, and congrats to the winners!
04-02-2015, 05:36 PM   #69
Pentaxian

Congrats to Mike, Zman and pntx! Great images!
04-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #70
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats all. I loved the bear in tree too... would have totally freaked me out!